Contribute
Register

[Guide] Clover EFI Guide for G580 (20157)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This definitely makes sense, when clover just injects the kexts into the cache its not permanent and maybe could break something, or at least not work properly (as seen with CodecCommander).

I now have one last issue, CodecCommander does its work pretty well, but after sleep I have no more jacksense. Could you tell me what I have to do, or send me a link to a tutorial on how to fix jacksense?

Thanks in regards :)
-theandy

What is your audio codec id? Post codec dump from Linux.

My Codec is ALC269VC 0x10ec0269
Here my CodecDump from Linux: View attachment 135438

Greetings
-theandy

Check the value of "Unsolicited response" on node 0x15 (headphone) before and after sleep.

Use hda-verb for this...

Code:
hda-verb 0x15 GET_UNSOLICITED_RESPONSE 0

If it turns out different before/after sleep (guessing 0x8x before sleep, and 0x00 after sleep)

Also, check that you have the latest CodeCommander (https://github.com/RehabMan/EAPD-Codec-Commander). Because, as far as I know, the need to reset unsolicited response is only needed if the chip is being reset on wake, which is not default. Although there was a bug in the kext earlier that caused it to select a non-default profile when the codec was unrecognized (I fixed the bug in the latest release).

Just updated to the newest version of CodecCommander.

Results after using hda-verb:
before sleep
Code:
[FONT=Andale Mono]nid = 0x15, verb = 0xf08, param = 0x0
command 0x015f0800 --> result = 0x00000083[/FONT]

after sleep
Code:
command 0x015f0800 --> result = 0x00000000[/FONT]

-theandy

Just updated to the newest version of CodecCommander.

Results after using had-verb:
before sleep
Code:
command 0x015f0800 --> result = 0x00000083[/FONT]

after sleep
Code:
command 0x015f0800 --> result = 0x00000000[/FONT]

-theandy

See if this fixes after sleep:
Code:
hda-verb 0x15 SET_UNSOLICITED_ENABLE 0x83

If it does, create a custom profile for your codec in Info.plist and test.

The verb to send is shown in the hda-verb output and you'll want to send it after sleep.

Refer to the examples already in the config.plist (I have to do the same [different node] with ALC283 using in my u430).

It would look something like this:
Screen Shot 2015-04-26 at 11.55.06 AM.png

I've done it exactly like you showed and it works like a charm :D

Thank you very much once again :thumbup:

Greets
-theandy

OK. I'll add it to the next build.

Perfect, thank you :D

v2.3.3 is up: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-eapd-codec-commander/downloads

FYI: You might want to test whether "Check Infinitely" is actually needed. It uses a timer to check the power state of the audio. Most of the time it is not needed but it is included in 'Default' just in case. Since the values in Default are merged with the values in the codec specific profile, you're getting "Check Infinitely"=true. You will notice that the other custom profiles include "Check Infinitely"=false as they have been tested to work without it.

Hi RehabMan,

Downloaded the latest CodecCommander and added Check Infinitely = NO into my Codec Profile.
Works like it should, so you can add it in the next Version.

Bildschirmfoto 2015-04-27 um 08.27.56.png

Thank you for your help
-theandy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back