Contribute
Register

[Guide] Clevo N850HP6 with High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you give a list of patches you applied?

I've got a Gigabyte Sabre 17 which is really similar to this Clevo model as it is also built on Clevo (i7-7700HQ, GTX1050).

My config has the HDMI port enabled but cannot get any MiniDP port to work (both the one connected to iGPU and dGPU), attempting to use the iGPU port reboots the machine, dGPU port is disabled.
The HDMI port is connected to iGPU in my case.

Currently running Mojave and the EFI is somewhat of a Franken-monster even after following vanilla guides.
Someone else on the net has a Clover for their setup (HDMI port does not work on this), here: https://github.com/gnehs/Sabre15KClover

Would rather not attach the messy Clover but will attach the patched DSDT (in ACPI\patched).
I will be (hopeful) and on the lookout for any guides to get BigSur working for this laptop as I need assistance.
Any resources to suggest?

OC is also too big of a rabbit hole now to get started with.

Apps like iStat Menus gives accurate readings of temps, disk space, cpu, memory performance, HDMI iGPU port supports a 1440p display at 60hz without the 4k patch. Only dGPU would handle higher refresh rate with capable monitor.
Everything else you mentioned works as well - including USB-C, haven't tested SD Card.
@zadragon

Attachments

• ACPI_20201027.zip
    125.3 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back