Contribute
Register

[Guide] Chuwi Aerobook 13" M3-6Y30, HD 515

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: someone is using the "mini hdmi" port? I use that port with a conversor cable from HDMI to Mini HDMI and works "good", I can used for few hours without problem but random the laptop reboot, my question is, should I install the last version of whatevergreen to see if fix this problem?

BTW: Someone have the bios files to update the version to 3.0.6?

Last edited:
Question: someone is using the "mini hdmi" port? I use that port with a conversor cable from HDMI to Mini HDMI and works "good", I can used for few hours without problem but random the laptop reboot, my question is, should I install the last version of whatevergreen to see if fix this problem?

BTW: Someone have the bios files to update the version to 3.0.6?
I don't use mini hdmi port at all. You should try new WEG version but keep an old version(backup) in your clover/other folder and if you have some kind of problem with booting just use the backup version for boot.
On booting press space then go to clover boot option and check all options/kexts you want to boot with.
I won't recommend you updating bios unless CHUWI releases a tool and bios itself to do so. You might break your system easily. We have different configurations like with and without eMMC on board.

Hello to everyone, I am another owner of a Chuwi Aerobook and finally, with your guide, my dream of having an hackintosh has come true. In my case the bios version is 3.0.4 and, eventhough I believe @desmomarco999 said that it was possible to update it through windows. Have tried with no success, mainly because I can't find files. In my case I have been using an EFI file that I have created from reading all the guides and has worked fine but I have replaced it with @desmomarco999 (grazie marco :)). Still I have been working on it but I can't find how to make the trackpad work, tried to install AppleIntelWiFi.kext but this error shows up: /tmp/AppleIntelWiFi.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) authentication failure (file ownership/permissions); check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8). Can you help me please?

Hello,
same issues of marcopoir, same bios version (3.0.4)

Little update regarding Catalina boot (15.4): managed to load AppleWiFi.kext but the computer just crashes (I think I it has to do with ISP, but I'll need some help with how to do it with Hackintools. After catalina installation on thr ssd I was unable to load the system with @desmomarco999 efi (page9) (the booting screen would just crash at the very end of the booting sequence, picture uploaded). Efi works fine (still no touchpad, wifi and lid support is working for me in bios 3.0.4). If you get my same error then then you just need to add -disablegfxfirmware to the boot argument and that has fixed it for me and works just fine, I hope it's helpful for everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_20200412_152342.jpg
    IMG_20200412_152342.jpg
    12.3 MB · Views: 54
Marcopoir,
yesterday about 6:00 p.m. italy i have upgraded from 10.15 to 10.15.4.
Is necessary to add "-disablegfxfirmware " first on clover pre boot confix, next to config.plist
I wrote to chuwi about a bios update, only touchpad not works.

For wifi card, can someone say me if the intel card is soldered?
If not i want change whit dell dw 1510

Marcopoir,
yesterday about 6:00 p.m. italy i have upgraded from 10.15 to 10.15.4.
Is necessary to add "-disablegfxfirmware " first on clover pre boot confix, next to config.plist
I wrote to chuwi about a bios update, only touchpad not works.

For wifi card, can someone say me if the intel card is soldered?
If not i want change whit dell dw 1510
It's soldered.

Fast question, every time that I restart the laptop the battery status is hidden and I have to recheck the "Show battery status in menu bar" someone with the same little problem or some solution? thanks!!

@alberhd I haven't experienced that problem so far, are you using @desmomarco999 efi files and bios settings (found in page 9)? If yes then my best answer is that your bios version may be older than 3.0.4, apparently we have to wait for chuwi to release the flashable files to update the bios since people on newer fw bios are not experiencing as many problems as people with lower firmware. I have found (even though it's stated in the guide) that the battery icon is not very responsive but battery percentage seems to be somewhat working fine, I hope someone will come up with a solution to that. Any updates about the trackpad topic on bios 3.0.4 so far? Another question to people with fw 3.0.6 or newer: is it possible to extract your bios fw in someway so to share it with everyone?

News, the issue is not the bios version, but EC version!
Desmosmarco have 2.0.3 and works, mine 2.0.1 and not work (same bios 3.0.6).

EC stay for Embedded Controller (mouse, keyboard, touchpad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back