Contribute
Register

[Guide] Chuwi Aerobook 13" M3-6Y30, HD 515

Status
Not open for further replies.
News, the issue is not the bios version, but EC version!
Desmosmarco have 2.0.3 and works, mine 2.0.1 and not work (same bios 3.0.6).

EC stay for Embedded Controller (mouse, keyboard, touchpad)
The thing is with the different versions of bios the touchpad doesn't work, even though the EC version is the same. I think we all should write to CHUWI support about bios/EC update for our laptop.

Attachments

• 3.0.5.jpg
    3.0.5.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 198
  • 3.0.6.jpeg
    3.0.6.jpeg
    722 KB · Views: 206
I and alberthd are working for you!
I have bios and EC file, but I release these ONLY when I'sure they doesn't make damages.

I have to reflesh manually (whit SOP8) EC chips due to a brick (don't worry, my error).

Remember risk is really HIGH!

@anto294 apparently by looking at the FAQs on chuwi's website everyone needs a specific bios update because it looks like it depends on the serial number of the machine. That file is provided by writing to chuwi's customer service but I've seen many people complaining about not recieving the files or in the end resulted in not working files.

@desmomarco999 under chipset section, what settings do you ave at "SerialIO I2C0Setings"?
In your bios photos zip isn't present
You can try if you want with all settings.... but i don t think it will works ...

I Noticed that with a particular SerialIO I2C0Seting (I don t remember wich), if you PRESS THE FN BUTTON and ESC (to block touchpad in Windows) the 3rd led on the top of the keyboard LIGHTS UP .... With other settings and with this combination, it doesn t light up....
It seems that something points us in some way to the correct setting ...

@Mattia27c Are you saying that despite the BIOS and EC version we may get this to work on our systems? It would be nice to find a way where I can dual boot windows (already doing) and get the trackpad working like it's working now on windows without messing compatibility, precision issues and bios settings (since with @desmomarco999 efi it's working perfectly without changing bios settings, other than I2C settings) so that it would still work the same way in windows. Is this going to happen? Thank you all for the great working you're all doing to figure these problems out.

I said that badly... What i wanted to say is:
With the combination of the button ESC and FN (with ONLY ONE OF the possibile I2C bios settings) the 3rd led lights up. This function would serve to block the touchpad if it works correctly...... but in macos is still only lights up and does any else.... Or better, we can t know if it blocks or no, because it s still doesn t work.
The fact is that with all the other configurations of the I2C settings, with this combinations of buttons, the 3rd led DOESN T LIGHT UP.

@Mattia27c Where you able to do it and make it work with GPIO Pinning? Is the lid sleep/wakeup working aswell?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back