Contribute
Register

[Guide] Catalina on Optiplex 9020 SFF w/ RX550

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the computer connected to a KVM switch. Audio is done via USB adapter. Not pretty, but working (would not pass the test of anyone with proper ears as there are some hissing noises etc, but it is ok for my purposes).

I have the computer connected to a KVM switch. Audio is done via USB adapter. Not pretty, but working (would not pass the test of anyone with proper ears as there are some hissing noises etc, but it is ok for my purposes).
Install voodoo hda it is working nice.

I don't remember completely, but faking it as a Sapphire RX550 is done via adding device properties and Whatevergreen.
Check config.plist Device Properties/Add for a long device/pci path. The device property entry should have a model string mentioning "RX550", and a few other fields that should be self explanatory. Let me know if you need any help!

Oh my gosh, thanks so much for this post! I ordered an RX 550 off ebay and was struggling to get the right support for it, and using your PCI stub got it to work perfectly! Working in Logic Pro was difficult because for some reason the playhead was not rendering.... but it does now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back