Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Catalina on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - CLOVER & OC

... my favorite is the Broadcom BCM94360NG. This works OTB with not extra kexts. The strange thing is that this works great in HP 800 G1 but not in newer versions like G2, G3 and G4.

I don't have personal experience with the BRCM card, but another user claims success with 800 G4 Mini here.

It solve his problem 100% - i have BCM94360NG and all is working)
No one kext need for this card - all work native!
I have tested the BCM94360NG in a HP 800 G2 but get random crashes, even in Windows. When I get it working I have very poor speed. I have a correct updated USB mapping and include a USBport.kext. Did you do any other config. to get this to work?

Note: I am using the Intel 9260 with the Intel_wifi kexts and wifi and Bluetooth are working but the speed is not very good.

I have tested the BCM94360NG in a HP 800 G2 but get random crashes, even in Windows. When I get it working I have very poor speed. I have a correct updated USB mapping and include a USBport.kext. Did you do any other config. to get this to work?

Note: I am using the Intel 9260 with the Intel_wifi kexts and wifi and Bluetooth are working but the speed is not very good.

Please discuss this in a thread for the HP 800 G2 and not in this thread. If you have the problem in Windows and macOS, then one item you should discuss is whether you are booting Windows with a boot loader that modifying ACPI for Windows. If you post your 800 G2 questions in your G2 thread, other users will get your notification.

I have attached an updated EliteDesk800.zip archive to Post #1 in this thread. This update includes a new EFI for CLOVER r5122 (replaces driver AptioMemoryFix with OcQuirks and includes Quirks configuration in CLOVER config.plist), updates acidanthera kexts and restores graphics devices properties in the config.plist for the reasons here.

If you copy my config.plist from the EliteDesk800.zip archive, be sure to replace the XX-MASKED-XX values with your own (RTVariables:MLB, SMBIOS:BoardSerialNumber, SMBIOS:SerialNumber, SMBIOS:SmUUID, SystemParameters:CustomUUID).

When you install CLOVER r5122, use the CLOVER configuration in Post #1 of this thread.

I have read a few posts in this and other threads that lead me to believe that some people are trying to multi-boot their hacks with ACPI that has been patched for macOS only. I added the message below to my Known Issues.

The patched ACPI files (EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched) in the EliteDesk.zip archive attached to Post #1 are specific to macOS. They have not been patched for Windows or any other OS. If you are multi-booting your PC, using a boot loader to load nonMac OSes and your boot loader passes the patched ACPI to the booted OS, you may have problems with OSes other than macOS. Note that I am dual-booting my system with macOS and Windows, but my boot order defaults to macOS and I press F9 to boot Windows. I do not use a boot loader to boot Windows, so my patched ACPI does not need to support Windows (or any nonMac OS).

As a side note, if you are multi-booting macOS and other OSes with your boot loader and you have a mistake in your patched ACPI, the mistake may affect all of your booted OSes.

Last edited:
Does anyone get the microphone works?. My headphone have microphone but seem it doesnt work :(
Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 10.57.50.png

That drive bay should work. My 65W EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini (CPU is i7-8700) requires a drive bay cooling fan as well. My 35W unit (CPU is i7-8700T) does not require the drive bay cooling fan. If you attempt to use the 65W unit without the drive bay cooling fan, you will receive a boot error every time you boot.

If your system requires the drive bay cooling fan, you might want to search for other drive bays that include the cooling fan like this one https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1417926-REG/hp_3tk91at_g4_mini_2_5_inch_sata.html

Please confirm that the caddy / fan that you order is correct for your system before you order them.

Back