Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Catalina on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - CLOVER & OC

i have a ProDesk mini 600 g4, perfectly works, but how can I change the graphicmemory more than 512mb?
Glad this guide is working for you! Are you referring to the 512mb memory setting in BIOS? If so, I'm not aware of a way to increase this. If you want macOS to report more or less video memory, you can play with DeviceProperty framebuffer-unifiedmem as described here. I have seen recommendations to increase framebuffer-unifiedmem with 4k displays, but I don't have any 4k displays, haven't tested this and have not observed any difference in video performance when changing framebuffer-unifiedmem.

If you need more help, please post your problem reporting files with your request as mentioned in Post #1.

The Catalina security update and Safari update installed without any problems. My current baseline is Catalina 10.15.7 (19H512) and OpenCore 0.6.5 (using EFI OC0.6.5-EFI-r002.zip posted here).

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 8.28.10 AM.png

My OS baseline remains Catalina 10.15.7. I am now booting with OpenCore 0.6.6 using EFI attached here.

Last edited:
The Catalina 10.15.7 (19H524) update was flawless - no issues. My baseline is still Catalina 10.15.7 and I'm booting with OC 0.6.6 (EFI attached here).

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 9.14.25 AM.png

iMovie 10.1.16 runs great on this HackMini running Catalina 10.15.7. Editing is smooth and rendering is fast. I have found that after exporting (sharing) the final video, it is a good idea to reboot. The entire system starts to slow down. Since the slow-down is systemic and the slowdown occurs without much CPU or Disk activity (as measured by Activity Monitor), the slow-down could be a video driver issue. iMovie issues are known on real Macs, too, so I don't see this as much of a problem. Just reboot after exporting the final video.

The Catalina 10.15.7 (19H524) update was flawless - no issues. My baseline is still Catalina 10.15.7 and I'm booting with OC 0.6.6 (EFI attached here).

View attachment 508783

Hi @deeveedee , first of all excellent work ! I have a HP Prodesk 600 G5 mini, but with a diferente EFI -> https://github.com/romancin/HP-ProDesk600-G5-mini-OpenCore . Its working well except microphone which i didnt make it to work... And the EFI/Config i have is outdated, so im thinking about testing your's , for that i will put your EFI in a USB pendrive and try it, if OK i will start using yours.

Should i use the OC0.6.6-EFI-r003.zip or OC0.6.6-EFI-r002.zip ? whats the diference ?

Tx
CV

Last edited:
Should i use the OC0.6.6-EFI-r003.zip or OC0.6.6-EFI-r002.zip ? whats the diference ?
Look here for the revision history. Within each .zip archive is a file "changes.txt" that provides more detail. Good luck!

I am now Booting Catalina 10.15.7 with Open Core 0.6.7. My OC0.6.7 EFI is attached here and instructions for installing macOS with OC are here.

I was wondering whether anyone has tried applying these instructions to the SFF version of the HP Elitedesk 800 G4.

I'm just about to buy one but hesitating as I can't find any reference online to them being successfully used as a Hackintosh, unlike the mini version. I've set up a Hackintosh once before but it was many years ago so I'm effectively a newbie.

Back