Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Catalina on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - CLOVER & OC

@deeveedee
Just out of curiosity, are you planning to move to an opencore configuration?
I just setup an 800G5/Core i9-9900 with opencore 0.6.2 (updated from @chanquete69's version and just added a Dell DW1830(BCM943602) card and an extra antenna to enable airdrop/bluetooth/wifi (it fits in the intended slot without any adapter) as I am making use of both M.2 slots for SSDs and it is working fantastic.
That's great! If you don't mind sharing your EFI, I'd like to take a look. Thanks!

EDIT: I suspect I'm going to be coming full circle if you post your EFI ;).

Last edited:
Everything I tested on this works except for one missing this which I had in my previous clover installation:
HDMI/Display Port Audio. I think my config.plist is missing this injection but I am not familiar enough opencore to enable it.

Everything I tested on this works except for one missing this which I had in my previous clover installation:
HDMI/Display Port Audio. I think my config.plist is missing this injection but I am not familiar enough opencore to enable it.
Your OC config.plist properties are copied from my CLOVER config.plist, so HDMI/DP audio is disabled. Read my Known Issues and look for no-hda-gfx.

Also, look for my Known Issue about AppleALC layout-id.

Alright... fixed. I was working on it and testing just as you were posting it seems.

I don't allow my system to sleep but need the hdmi audio.

Edit: I just tested sleeping and wake up... got no kernel panic...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    40.8 MB · Views: 51
Alright... fixed. I was working on it and testing just as you were posting it seems.

I don't allow my system to sleep but need the hdmi audio.

Edit: I just tested sleeping and wake up... got no kernel panic...
Correct: You should only need no-hda-gfx if you are using adapters like I am (e.g. DP -> DVI adapter). If you are connecting HDMI -> HDMI or DP -> DP (without adapters), you should not need no-hda-gfx. Glad that worked for you.

I just installed the latest catalina 10.15.7 supplemental upgrade. Went smoothly after 3 reboots. Just noticed the "about x minutes remaining" showing up in spanish at one point.

And I found out why... the config mentioned an 87 key spanish keyboard.
This is my final EFI. (for the day?)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    40.8 MB · Views: 58
I just installed the latest catalina 10.15.7 supplemental upgrade. Went smoothly after 3 reboots. Just noticed the "about x minutes remaining" showing up in spanish at one point.

And I found out why... the config mentioned an 87 key spanish keyboard.
This is my final EFI. (for the day?)
Congrats! When you get a chance, I'd love to see your GeekBench 5 benchmarks for comparison.

@rafale77 Your config.plist still specifies the MacModel as MacMini8,1. You may want to experiment with iMac 19,1, since this is a better match for your 9th Gen Intel CPU.

Last edited:
Thanks, the smbios switch to iMac19,1 is probably a good suggestion.
I am pushing the envelope a little here trying to get sidecar and unlock with watch work. It seems to be a problem with the missing T2 chip at the moment.

Last edited:
I do not think so)
Everything works fine for me without the t2 chip - sidecar with IPAD 8 and unblock with iWatch 5
Interesting. Thanks for reporting this, I am wondering what I am missing then... Maybe pointing to bluetooth.
What do you use for wifi?

Edit: Well, I turned bluetooth off and then back on and both sidecar and watch unlock work now... yeah!

Last edited:
Back