Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Catalina on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - CLOVER & OC

Glad this thread is helping you! My 800 G4 Mini is working perfectly and stability / reliability is my priority right now, so I'm not venturing into OC or CLOVER r5123+ yet. I'm planning to let the Big Sur dust settle before my next big configuration change. Note that CLOVER r5122 (and my config.plist) employ OCQuirks. CLOVER r5123+ has incorporated OC's kext injection.
yes got problems wit 5123 too.
the reason i ask 4 OC is the big sur release.
but hopefully you will work 4 this. nobody else knows the hp g4 as you !!!

today i tried the g3 config because i just got the g4 today.
great, got something to play with :)

PS: i will try to get your patches work in OC
reason was that g3 is not able to sleep.

When running software builds on my EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini 65W (i7-8700), I'm observing CPU core temps as high as 79 deg. C. I'm wondering if I can coax some more performance out of this rig by delidding the i7-8700. I've delidded old socket 1156 CPUs (see here), but I'm a little nervous about delidding this fairly new i7-8700. Does anyone have any experience with delidding socket 1151 cpus and if so, do you have any advice? My 65W rig has an all copper heatsink with a "laptop style" cooling fan, so I'm wondering if the heatsink/fan could even dissipate more heat from the delidded cpu?

I have attached an updated EliteDesk800.zip archive (Rev 1.3) to Post #1. This update includes the latest Acidanthera kexts, removes unnecessary UHD 630 graphics properties from config.plist, replaces USBInjectAll.kext/SSDT-UIAC.aml with USBPorts.kext and changes AppleALC layout-id to 20 (from 28). The EFI in this archive is configured for CLOVER r5122.

As I described here, the extra graphics properties were not necessary after discovering that video issues described here were resolved by increasing video memory to 512MB (BIOS configuration).

See here for a discussion of USBPorts.kext. My posted USBPorts.kext includes the Bluetooth USB port.

If you use my posted config.plist, be sure to replace the XX-MASKED-XX values with your own values. Specifically, you will need to replace
  • RtVariables > MLB
  • SMBIOS > BoardSerialNumber
  • SMBIOS > SerialNumber
  • SMBIOS > SmUUID
  • SystemParameters > CustomUUID
You can use CLOVER Configurator to create these values if you're installing for the first time. If you would like to use my config.plist and you already have your own, copy/paste these values from your config.plist.

Last edited:
After experimenting with Acidanthera's NVMeFix.kext, I have found that my system does not require it. Future versions of the EliteDesk800.zip archive that I attach to Post #1 will no longer include this kext. In the future, if your system needs NVMeFix.kext (because of the M.2 NVMe SSDs that you installed, you will need to add the NVMeFix.kext yourself.

Note that at the time of this post, the EliteDesk800.zip archive attached to Post #1 still includes NVMeFix.kext.

Hi @deeveedeee does your patch working with HP 800 G4 65W - core i5 - 32Gb ram ?. I tried to replace yours but got panic 36448 (I'm new from hackintosh and got my hack from my friend)

Hi deeveedee.
Impressive post.

I own a HP 600 Prodesk G5 i3 9100T. Is your guide suitable for this one?
Do the Clover configuration/install steps must be performed on a Mac?

Thank you.

Hi @deeveedeee does your patch working with HP 800 G4 65W - core i5 - 32Gb ram ?. I tried to replace yours but got panic 36448 (I'm new from hackintosh and got my hack from my friend)
I personally own (and have thoroughly tested) the HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini 35W (CPU: i7-8700T) and 65W (CPU: I7-8700). Both have 32GB DDR4 RAM and boot from M.2 NVMe SSD. Both systems run Catalina 10.15.7 as described in this thread without any issues.

If the only difference between our systems is the CPU (your i5 vs. my i7), your system should work perfectly with my solution in this thread.

Hi deeveedee.
Impressive post.

I own a HP 600 Prodesk G5 i3 9100T. Is your guide suitable for this one?
Do the Clover configuration/install steps must be performed on a Mac?

Thank you.
Others have reported that my guide works for their HP 600 Prodesk. Since your CPU is 9th Gen (vs. my 8th Gen), read my known issues.

I have only created my macOS Catalina installers on a system already running MacOS.

I personally own (and have thoroughly tested) the HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini 35W (CPU: i7-8700T) and 65W (CPU: I7-8700). Both have 32GB DDR4 RAM and boot from M.2 NVMe SSD. Both systems run Catalina 10.15.7 as described in this thread without any issues.

If the only difference between our systems is the CPU (your i5 vs. my i7), your system should work perfectly with my solution in this thread.
my version is 10.15.3 right now. Does it impact ? can I get older version patch if It got impacted ..

my version is 10.15.3 right now. Does it impact ? can I get older version patch if It got impacted ..
10.15.3 should work fine with my posted config files. If your system specs are the same and you start from scratch (don't install my solution on top of an existing "patch"), your system should work fine.

Back