Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Catalina on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - CLOVER & OC

Hi @deeveedee, You can please share Clover EFI folder of HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini?

My PC is the same as yours. Differently, my computer has a BCM4360CS2 wifi card installed. I don't see the configuration for bluetooth right now.

@deeveedee I'm sorry that I have studied it carefully, currently I am having a problem that the computer does not accept bluetooth even though the wifi is running fine. Can you guide me to do this with Realmac wifi Card BCM4360 ... + wifi adapter?

@deeveedee I'm sorry that I have studied it carefully, currently I am having a problem that the computer does not accept bluetooth even though the wifi is running fine. Can you guide me to do this with Realmac wifi Card BCM4360 ... + wifi adapter?

Please read Known Issues here - you should review all known issues to see what I have not yet included in my EFI and what you need to fix on your own. Pay special attention to the item related to SSDT-UIAC.aml in the known issues list.

Last edited:
These changes are included in the EFI included in the EliteDesk.zip archive attached to post #1.
  • Added igfxonln=1 to boot args: results in consistent and reliable display wake from sleep - even after repeated sleep / wake cycles
  • Changed darkwake=2 to darkwake=3: appears to result in simultaneous display wake from sleep (with darkwake=2, one display may wake a second or two before the other)
  • Added igfxagdc=0 to replace the AGDC kext patch and disabled the AGDC kext patch: no change in behavior, but it should be more reliable for future versions of macOS to use WhateverGreen to disable AGDC

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
If someone knows and wants to explain why SSDT-XOSI should or should not include newer versions of Windows 10 for macOS running on the HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini, I welcome the explanation.

Summary
: My previous SSDT-XOSI for this HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini included Windows 10 versions through "Windows 2015." The DSDT for my 800 G4 Mini checks for Windows 10 version through "Windows 2017" (_OSI ("Windows 2017") ). I believe this means that my SSDT-XOSI should include Windows versions at least through "Windows 2017" (so I need to update my SSDT-XOSI) and that any versions of Windows beyond "Windows 2017" in my SSDT-XOSI will not change my system behavior (but won't hurt anything). I am now running with the attached SSDT-XOSI, but have not yet included this in the EliteDesk.zip archive attached to Post #1.

Details
According to this document, there are new versions of Windows 10 that can be checked by ACPI Method _OSI and that are in addition to what Rehabman had included in his last commits to SSDT-XOSI.

I know that the HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini supports the latest version of Windows 10; however, the G4 Mini's DSDT _OSI checks do not check for Windows 10 versions beyond "Windows 2017." I believe this means that my SSDT-XOSI should include Windows versions at least through "Windows 2017" (to match what is checked in my DSDT) and that any newer Windows versions beyond "Windows 2017" do not matter and have no effect on the DSDT. I've decided to uncomment "Windows2016" - "Windows 2018.2" and to add the newer versions of Windows 10 (below) to my SSDT-XOSI (attached). Since I don't fully understand _OSI and how it's used, I'm hoping that testing with this new version of SSDT-XOSI reveals something. Again, I suspect that adding newer versions of Windows 10 beyond "Windows 2017" have no affect on my system (because they're not checked in the DSDT).

New versions of Windows 10 added to SSDT-XOSI
  • "Windows 2019", // Windows 10, version 1903
  • "Windows 2020", // Windows 10, version 2004

I have included the attached SSDT-XOSI in the EliteDesk.zip archive attached to Post #1.

If someone knows and wants to explain why SSDT-XOSI should or should not include newer versions of Windows 10 for macOS running on the HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini, I welcome the explanation.

Attachments

• SSDT-XOSI.zip
    681 bytes · Views: 123
Last edited:
I'm currently experimenting with a few changes suggested by @glasgood in another forum that seem to have improved display wake behavior. I'm still testing, so these changes are NOT yet included in my EFI baseline included in the EliteDesk.zip archive attached to post #1.
  • Added igfxonln=1 to boot args: results in consistent and reliable display wake from sleep - even after repeated sleep / wake cycles
  • Changed darkwake=2 to darkwake=3: appears to result in simultaneous display wake from sleep (with darkwake=2, one display may wake a second or two before the other)
  • Added igfxagdc=0 to replace the AGDC kext patch and disabled the AGDC kext patch: no change in behavior, but it should be more reliable for future versions of macOS to use WhateverGreen to disable AGDC
My current CLOVER config.plist is attached. If you use this config.plist, you must replace all XX-MASKED-XX values with your own.

Thank you very much, I have followed your instructions and have been successful.

The SSDT-XOSI.dsl that I copied from the web has a typo - it incorrectly included Windows Server 2008 ("Windows 2006.1"). If you examine Rehabman's SSDT-XOSI.dsl here, you will notice that Server 2008 (and other Server OSes) are commented out. I am currently running with the SSDT-XOSI.aml attached here and added this to the EliteDesk.zip archive attached to Post #1.

Last edited:
My HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini has been running perfectly with my current configuration. I have updated the EFI attached to Post #1 in the EliteDesk.zip archive.

If you use the config.plist included in the EliteDesk.zip archive attached to Post #1, you must replace the XX-MASKED-XX values with your own (MLB, BoardSerialNumber, SerialNumber, SmUUID, CustomUUID). You can use Clover Configurator or your preferred plist editor to personalize your config.plist. Do NOT simply copy my provided config.plists (here or elsewhere in this thread) and use them without replacing the XX-MASKED-XX values.

Last edited:
Back