Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Catalina on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - CLOVER & OC

Please post your problem reporting files as described in Post #1 and I'll take a look.
Was trying something before you replied. Got this also fixed: Not sure why it did not work when i manually copied. I now used Hackintool, installed the kexts and restarted and its working.

Regards,
Manoj

Was trying something before you replied. Got this also fixed: Not sure why it did not work when i manually copied. I now used Hackintool, installed the kexts and restarted and its working.

Regards,
Manoj

Kexts in the /Library/Extensions folder (/L/E) must be properly installed (can't be simply copied as you do when you copy kexts to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other). Using Hackintool to install kexts in /L/E is a great way to properly install kexts.

See @jaymonkey 's thread here more about installing 3rd-party kexts in /Library/Extensions.

Last edited:
Just upgraded to Clover r5119. My system is working perfectly. The Clover team is doing a great job of making improvements.

Use the Clover configuration in Post #1 of this thread.

EDIT: After replacing my ADATA M.2 NVMe x4 SSD with a Western Digital M.2 NVMe x4 SSD as described here, my new boot time for the NVMe SSD is 11.6 seconds - essentially the same as that of the SATA6 SSD.

-------------------------------------------------

Not the boot times that I expected...

I just ran a test to compare Catalina 10.15.5.02 boot times from my M.2 NVMe x4 SSD (ADATA SX8200PNP 256GB) and my 2.5" SATA 6 SSD (ADATA SU800 256GB). My system boots faster from the 2.5" SATA6 SSD than from the NVMe SSD. I expected faster boot times from the NVMe drive.

Boot times measured from Clover r5119 boot screen to Catalina 10.15.5.02 Login prompt with all displays visible

• M.2 NVMe x4 SSD: 14.4 seconds
  • 2.5" SATA6 SSD: 11.5 seconds

Last edited:
I need a help from you. Everything is working fine for me on Elitedesk 800 G4 mini except for a glitch.

When i restart or shutdown the mac, i can see it trying to shutdown/restart. After 3-4 secs, the screen goes blank. However, the computer never completely shuts down or restarts to clover.

The white power led on the power button glows stable and i will have to press and hold to restart the PC again. When i again go into the OS, it always complains that previous instance was shutdown correctly.

Do you know what could be the problem and how to resolve this?

Regards,
Manoj

Last edited:
I need a help from you. Everything is working fine for me on Elitedesk 800 G4 mini except for a glitch.

Please post your problem reporting files with help requests as indicated in Post #1 of this thread. Thank you.

Rehabman's USB Power Property tutorial appears to still be relevant to this HackMini8,1 running Catalina. The USBMap tool (Option U) indicates that USB Power properties are not properly defined (see attached screenshot "BEFORE"). I examined the ACPI dump of a real MacMini8,1 and see that the real MacMini8,1 DSDT.aml defines Device USBX (below). After adding SSDT-USBX.aml with the real MacMini8,1 USB Power properties, USBMap tool (Option U) indicates that USB Power properties are ok (see attached screenshot "AFTER").

Copy the attached SSDT-USBX.aml to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched for your HackMini8,1.

Device (USBX) from a real MacMini8,1 DSDT.aml
Code:
        Device (USBX)
        {
            Name (_ADR, Zero)  // _ADR: Address
            Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
            {
                Local0 = Package (0x08)
                    {
                        "kUSBSleepPowerSupply", 
                        0x0C80, 
                        "kUSBSleepPortCurrentLimit", 
                        0x0834, 
                        "kUSBWakePowerSupply", 
                        0x0C80, 
                        "kUSBWakePortCurrentLimit", 
                        0x0834
                    }
                DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                Return (Local0)
            }
        }

Attachments

• BEFORE.png
    BEFORE.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 106
  • AFTER.png
    AFTER.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 114
  • SSDT-USBX.zip
    689 bytes · Views: 118
Here is my dump. Also attaching Clover folder as I think the script did not capture it (I am running dual boot and clover is in Windows volume)

I am trying the usb power thing you advised above.

Also found the gen_debug script for connectivity test is trying to ping GitHub, which is not happening from my country I think. Changed it to google and make it work.

Regards

Attachments

• debug_25123.zip
    304.3 KB · Views: 111
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Here is my dump. Also attaching Clover folder as I think the script did not capture it (I am running dual boot and clover is in Windows volume)

I am trying the usb power thing you advised above.

Also found the gen_debug script for connectivity test is trying to ping GitHub, which is not happening from my country I think. Changed it to google and make it work.

Regards

I suspect that gen_debug's inability to gather your EFI is related to problem. Why do you have CLOVER installed on your Windows Volume?

Till yesterday i had only 1 SSD disk on my computer.

Windows was already there, so i installed MacOS using USB and then moved the Clover under existing UEFI volume.

Today i installed an additional SSD thinking i will have Mac installed on a dedicated disk. Presently the boot is still on 1st disk with Windows on it, while installation is on the 2nd disk.

Do you suggest i have both bootloader/Mac installed on the new disk and manually select the boot disk @ computer startup by pressing F9 (to select between Mac and Windows)?

Regards,
Manoj

Back