Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Catalina on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - CLOVER & OC

I have attached an updated EliteDesk800.zip archive to Post #1 in this thread.

I inadvertently masked the Board-ID property in the CLOVER config.plist included in the EliteDesk800.zip archive attached to Post #1. This Board-ID should not have been masked (nothing private about it) and is necessary (with MacModel MacMini8,1) for Catalina 10.15.5 to install.

Any plans to switch to OC?

Any plans to switch to OC?
CLOVER works perfectly for me, so no plans for OC at the moment. Someone claimed to have used my solution (posted in another forum) to get their rig working with OC. Was that you in the other forum?

I attached an updated EliteDesk800.zip archive to Post #1 in this thread. This update restores the missing graphics device properties device-id and AAPL,ig-platform-id. Not sure how this happened, since my production system was fine - only the archive that I attached to Post #1 had the missing properties.

Yes it was, thank you, I have a basic question, does hackintool make changes to macos root folder or the config.plist in the efi?

Yes it was, thank you, I have a basic question, does hackintool make changes to macos root folder or the config.plist in the efi?

I would suggest asking your Hackintool questions in this thread. I have only used Hackintool to view framebuffer / connector properties. I have been modifying my config.plist with Clover Configurator and Xcode (not directly with Hackintool), so I don't know the answer to your question. I do use Hackintool to install kexts in /Library/Extensions and repair kext ownership / permissions.

Also, I did use Hackintool to generate candidate framebuffer properties, but I only viewed the Hackintool output as I was trying to learn framebuffer patching.

Another lesson learned about framebuffer patching

When I was attempting to get sleep working with framebuffer patching and multiple displays, I had read that some people were not able to get sleep working unless they limited their framebuffer-portcount to 2 and their framebuffer-pipecount to 2 (the default count for my framebuffer 0x3e920000 is 3). However, I found that, for my system, if I limited the counts to 2, I would see only a single display after waking from sleep and the one display would flash on and off.

For my system, I need to leave framebuffer-portcount and framebuffer-pipecount undefined in my config.plist (so that they assume their default values). This suggests that framebuffer-portcount and framebuffer-pipecount do have an affect on sleep / wake, so others may need to experiment with these values to achieve working sleep / wake.

If I plug a new display in while my HP EliteDesk800 G4 Mini is sleeping, the new display may not be automatically detected on wake. The solution is to cycle the power on the new display. Cycling power on the newly added display triggers re-detection of the displays.

Last edited:
I also noticed, "Synaptics HD" sound card us is not detected. Did not affect me as i have an external usb audio setup. But just checking if there is something special i have to do for the same. I have already copied all the kexts to /L/E folder.

Regards,
Manoj

I also noticed, "Synaptics HD" sound card us is not detected. Did not affect me as i have an external usb audio setup. But just checking if there is something special i have to do for the same. I have already copied all the kexts to /L/E folder.

Regards,
Manoj
Please post your problem reporting files as described in Post #1 and I'll take a look.

Back