Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Catalina on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - CLOVER & OC

I am planning to add steps and details. Just haven't gotten around to it yet. For now, you can always follow another guide and replace the configuration / files with those that I have described / attached in Post #1 of this thread. There are plenty of beginner guides to get you started.
Hi,

I tried using Unibeast(10.1) and Apple Catalina image (on macbook pro) to create a USB bootable drive. Then replaced the files inside the EFI partition with the files in your zip file.

How ever cannot get past booting phase while installing.

Will you be able to just give a list of steps you followed to create the bootable image for 800 G4?

Also, i assume you also have an SSD drive.

Regards,
Manoj

Hi,

I tried using Unibeast(10.1) and Apple Catalina image (on macbook pro) to create a USB bootable drive. Then replaced the files inside the EFI partition with the files in your zip file.

How ever cannot get past booting phase while installing.

Will you be able to just give a list of steps you followed to create the bootable image for 800 G4?

Also, i assume you also have an SSD drive.

Regards,
Manoj

What are your system specs:
  • BIOS version
  • Display ports

The 10.15.5.02 supplemental update installed easily, but I am now limited to a single display.

I found that normal display operation is restored after a few boot cycles. My system is working fine after applying Catalina supplemental update 10.15.5.02.

Last edited:
What are your system specs:
  • BIOS version
  • Display ports

(1) Bios detail it attached (2) using the onboard display port and HDMI converted to connect to a single monitor

Regards

Attachments

• Bios.PNG
    Bios.PNG
    12 KB · Views: 97
(1) Bios detail it attached (2) using the onboard display port and HDMI converted to connect to a single monitor

Regards

Your displays are different from mine, so my display device properties won't work for you. Read my installation steps and read this guide. Be patient with your learning.

Also, your BIOS version is different from mine. Please read my first post in this thread.

Your displays are different from mine, so my display device properties won't work for you. Read my installation steps and read this guide. Be patient with your learning.

Also, your BIOS version is different from mine. Please read my first post in this thread.

Have some progress after i updated my BIOS. Now i can get to installation, but get stuck at the below phase.

Looks like OS is having some problem with my SSD now. Any way i can work this around?

Update: At last got it working. updating this message from Catalina on HP :). I used Catalina patcher to work around the above issue, along with all your patches/files.

This is super cool. Thanks man!

Manoj

Attachments

• newinst.jpeg
    newinst.jpeg
    138.8 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Have some progress after i updated my BIOS. Now i can get to installation, but get stuck at the below phase.

Looks like OS is having some problem with my SSD now. Any way i can work this around?

Update: At last got it working. updating this message from Catalina on HP :). I used Catalina patcher to work around the above issue, along with all your patches/files.

This is super cool. Thanks man!

Manoj

Glad it worked. Do you mean the DosDude Catalina patcher? If so, I use that on an older laptop that has Nvidia graphics. No need for the patcher with modern Intel graphics (like our UHD 630). If you're curious, see my Dell Latitude E6410 installation guide by Googling "Latitude E6410 Catalina" - my user name there is tonyx86.

Last edited:
Glad it worked. Do you mean the DosDude Catalina patcher? If so, I use that on an older laptop that has Nvidia graphics. No need for the patcher with Intel graphics. If you're curious, see my Dell Latitude E6410 installation guide by Googling "Latitude E6410 Catalina" - my user name there is tonyx86.

Yeah, i used the patch from the same person. The reason was to bypass the disk detection problem (you can see the issue in the post above). It said "This version of macos cannot be installed on this computer". Thought it was failing some compatibility tests. The patched version of OS bypassed that test i assume.

Is there a different way to dealing with that problem. I will have a look @ the E6410 guide.

Best regards

Yeah, i used the patch from the same person. The reason was to bypass the disk detection problem (you can see the issue in the post above). It said "This version of macos cannot be installed on this computer". Thought it was failing some compatibility tests. The patched version of OS bypassed that test i assume.

Is there a different way to dealing with that problem. I will have a look @ the E6410 guide.

Best regards

When your boot loader (e.g. CLOVER) SMBIOS is properly configured (in config.plist) with a Catalina-compatible MacModel (MacMini8,1) and a Catalina-compatible Board-ID (Mac-7BA5B2DFE22DDD8C for MacMini8,1), the Catalina 10.15.5 installer should work fine. The Catalina patcher fakes the MacModel and Board-ID to allow Catalina to install on unsupported systems. Please post your problem reporting files as I have described in Post #1 of this thread if you want me to take a look for you.

When your boot loader (e.g. CLOVER) SMBIOS is properly configured (in config.plist) with a Catalina-compatible MacModel (MacMini8,1) and a Catalina-compatible Board-ID (Mac-7BA5B2DFE22DDD8C for MacMini8,1), the Catalina 10.15.5 installer should work fine. The Catalina patcher fakes the MacModel and Board-ID to allow Catalina to install on unsupported systems. Please post your problem reporting files as I have described in Post #1 of this thread if you want me to take a look for you.

Aah i see! I was kind of hurrying to make it happen without much reading :)

just had a look @ the file and see those attributes. Will rerun the whole process with unpatched Catalina (for academic reasons) after modifying the config.plist file and see how it goes.

Best regards

Back