Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Catalina on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - CLOVER & OC

With my solution to the UHD 630 sleep / wake problem here, I am not observing any other meaningful issues with this MacMini8,1. Note that at the time of this writing, I still have not tested the USB Type-C port (which probably doesn't work at this time because I haven't mapped it in SSDT-UIAC) and I have not tested the microphone port.

This is a perfect MacMini8,1.

Hi,

Are you planning to write a step by step guide for "HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini". I have the same hardware and looking for a start to do this. Quite new to this forum and methods.

Best regards

Hi,

Are you planning to write a step by step guide for "HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini". I have the same hardware and looking for a start to do this. Quite new to this forum and methods.

Best regards

I am planning to add steps and details. Just haven't gotten around to it yet. For now, you can always follow another guide and replace the configuration / files with those that I have described / attached in Post #1 of this thread. There are plenty of beginner guides to get you started.

Thank you, will try it.

Best regards

@Stork @Feartech or other moderators - could you fix the first post in this thread for me? You moved a post from another thread and because of its date, the moved post became the first post in this thread. Could you please remove the first post so that my initial post in this thread is once again the first post in this thread? Thank you.

I have updated the EliteDesk800.zip archive attached to Post #1 of this thread with the following changes/additions. The new version of this archive is rev 0.8.
  • Updated AppleALC.kext from 1.4.9 to 1.5.0
  • Updated IntelMausi.kext from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3
  • Updated Lilu.kext from 1.4.4 to 1.4.5
  • Updated WhateverGreen.kext from 1.3.9 to 1.4.0
  • Added FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext to support HWMonitor app
  • Added Applications folder with HWMonitor app
Note that my installation methodology installs kexts in /Library/Extensions (read my installation methodology here). If you are installing all of your 3rd-party kexts in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other (not in /Library/Extensions), make sure that all of the 3rd party kexts in the LE folder in the EliteDesk800.zip archive are in your EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder. If you are installing 3rd-party kexts in /Library/Extensions, make sure that you properly install the kexts with the correct ownership / permissions. I use Hackintool to install 3rd-party kexts in /Library/Extensions.

EDIT: After first applying the 10.15.5.02 supplemental update, Catalina booted to a single display (additional displays did not work). After a few reboots, displays are back to normal.

--------------------------------------------

The 10.15.5.02 supplemental update installed easily, but I am now limited to a single display.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 11.00.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 11.00.36 AM.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
EDIT: I found that if I unplug the second display and plug it back in, I now have multiple displays.

--------------------------------------------

The 10.15.5.02 supplemental update installed easily, but I am now limited to a single display.
But sleep still works fine?

Back