Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Catalina on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - CLOVER & OC

Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini
CPU
I7-8700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It is a HP DM 800G4, do you need serials to compare?
USBPorts.kext now working in OC?
coreduetd i just saw as i looked 4 rpcsvchost and google it.
No need for serials.

As you can see from my experiments, The working ig-platform-id choices (for me) were limited. I'm not sure why that's different for you. Maybe because I'm using DP->DVI and you're using HDMI? Don't know.

Ok - I have not observed the coreduetd CPU problem, but will keep an eye out for it. Thanks. Is your BIOS version 02.12.00 Rev.A?

@Carstimann I have only used USBPorts.kext with OC, so I don't know otherwise. It may be that you need to build your own USBPorts.kext (with Hackintool). I am new to USBPorts.kext, so I don't know if it's portable or needs to be created uniquely for each system. See my post here. Note that I am using the same USBPorts.kext that I used for CLOVER.

Last edited:
Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini
CPU
I7-8700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
EDIT3: My latest OC EFI will now be managed / maintained in the Big Sur thread. Leaving the post below for historical purposes.
----------------------------------
EDIT: I have attached my latest OC EFI (OC 0.6.3). The separately attached config.plist is the same as the config.plist in the attached EFI, so the notes below apply to this attached EFI.

EDIT2: Good news! After the recent fixes (using the attached EFI), my Geekbench 5 benchmarks for OC match benchmarks for CLOVER. Looks like I have completed my OC config. I am still running with CLOVER as my baseline as I continue to test OC. So far, OC looks good.
----------------------------------
I am currently testing without RtcMemoryFixup.kext. At first, I simply disabled the Kernel > Add. Now, in my current EFI, I have removed RtcMemoryFixup.kext from OC/Kexts, I have removed rtc-exclude from my OC config.plist boot-args and I have removed Kernel > Add > RtcMemoryFixup from config.plist.

My config.plist still has Kernel > Quirks > DisableRtcCheckSum = 1 (haven't yet tested without this).

I have not observed any RTC issues after repeated Sleep / Wake cycles, repeated Restarts and repeated Shutdown / Boot cycles. When I tested with CLOVER, I occasionally observed corrupt system clock until I enabled KernelAndKextPatches > AppleRTC in my CLOVER config.plist, so I am not calling this a working solution yet. Still needs more testing.

I will continue to monitor and would welcome testing by others. My current config.plist is attached. If you use this config.plist, be sure to replace ***REPLACE*** in PlatformInfo with your own values.

Attachments

• config-sanitized.plist.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 28
  • EFI.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 73
  • Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 3.38.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 3.38.32 PM.png
    87.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Motherboard
HP Elitedesk 800 G5 Mini
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just tried the USBPorts.kext instead of the USBInjectAll.kext using hackintool, following your instructions and for me it didn't work at all. It even fails to boot. I had to revert back to the USBInjectAll.kext

I can also confirm that I don't ever see any of the coreduetd or rpcsvhost problems you guys are seeing.
Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 10.50.48.png

Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini
CPU
I7-8700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just tried the USBPorts.kext instead of the USBInjectAll.kext using hackintool, following your instructions and for me it didn't work at all. It even fails to boot. I had to revert back to the USBInjectAll.kext

I can also confirm that I don't ever see any of the coreduetd or rpcsvhost problems you guys are seeing.
View attachment 495209
The rpcsvchost problem only occurs if you used RtcMemoryFixup.kext with the wrong rtc-exclude range. I am currently running without RtcMemoryFixup (see here and here).

If you want help with USBPorts.kext, please post your EFI (with USBPort.kext).

Last edited:
Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini
CPU
I7-8700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Looks like my recent changes have fixed my OC performance. My OC Geekbench 5 benchmarks match my CLOVER benchmarks. I have attached my latest OC EFI and GB5 screenshot here. I can only speculate that incorrect use of RtcMemoryFixup was adversely impacting my rig's performance. With OC, my EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini seems to be running perfectly (CPU power management, Geekbench5 benchmarks, sleep, wake, shutdown... everything) with no need for CPUFriend.

Motherboard
HP Elitedesk 800 G5 Mini
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The rpcsvchost problem only occurs if you used RtcMemoryFixup.kext with the wrong rtc-exclude range. I am currently running without RtcMemoryFixup (see here and here).

If you want help with USBPorts.kext, please post your EFI (with USBPort.kext).
Here you go

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    41.1 MB · Views: 16
Motherboard
HP Elitedesk 800 G5 Mini
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Indeed... Been tinkering and came out with a new hybrid version which gets rid of the USBInjectAll and the CPUFriend kexts.
I kept my previous ACPI section. Not expert enough to understand the difference between the two versions.
I have not observed any changes in performance. If anything it seems to have degraded a little.
This version has HDMI audio and BT/Wifi enabled.

The geekbench scores seem to be inline or better than what I am seeing for others for single thread i9 9900 (~1300) but the multithread ones are rather disappointing at ~6900. I tested also with an iMac19,1 ID and it made no difference.

Edit: Ok I read more about the ACPI patches being handled by SSDT so the version attached is actually the more "by the book one". I also enabled the graphical OS picker.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    41.1 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini
CPU
I7-8700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
HP has released BIOS update 02.14.01 Rev.A that addresses security vulnerabilities for our HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Minis. I have not yet tested with this firmware update. I'd welcome test results from anyone who wants to be adventurous and try the update.

Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini
CPU
i5-8500T
Graphics
UHD 630 + 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Someone will try to install macOS Big Sur?
This is more interesting than your experiments with Clover vs OC :lol: