Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Catalina on ASUS FX503VD

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got it working then im not sure what happened after turning on filevault and even after disabling filevault it doesnt work..... security and privacy keeps blocking it from loading. ive granted it access multiple times even disabled gatekeeper nothing.... it works fine on big sur tho just catalina giving issues
what kext are you using to make the keyboard backlight worrking?

Did you get your keyboard backlight toggle working?
Yes, I used blackdragon74's ROG-HID driver, which only works on Catalina. https://github.com/black-dragon74/ROG-HID

1. Enable sip without kext enforcement "csrutil enable --without kext" or disable completely.
2. Move ROG-HID.app to /Applications
3. Open and press "Activate".
4. Open System Preferences, Security, And click allow kext to load (bottom of window).
5. Go back to ROG-HID and click activate again.
6. Reboot.

@Didas
Hey mate can you post your Open core EFI folder?

Attachments

• IMG20200804222408.jpg
    IMG20200804222408.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Actually I did but got kernel panic.

Edit: Solved after booting into safe mode.
However macOS Catalina is stuck at prohibited sign with corrupted texts. I installed OC to efi to check if it is USB error but no success.
Make sure both your ig-platform-id+device-id, and smbios information is correct.
Also make sure that you selected the Laptop KabyLake config, and not desktop/coffee/skylake.

Make sure both your ig-platform-id+device-id, and smbios information is correct. Also make sure that you selected the Laptop KabyLake config, and not desktop/coffee/skylake.
I made the bootloader USB using OC Gen-X. Can you please have a look at it?

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.2 KB · Views: 123
I made the bootloader USB using OC Gen-X. Can you please have a look at it?
You haven't added any ACPI files, nor any ACPI files, nor any device properties, nor any of the kexts that are recommended. I suggest you add those.. If you're going for a barebones boot-up, then please as a minimum use the ACPI patches and files.

Add debug=0x100 to boot-args (stop reboot after panic).
Add acpi patches, acpi files.
Add kexts.
Properly fill out SMBIOS information.
You won't need XHCIPortLimit quirk if using UsbInjectAll+SSDT-UIAC.kext or USBPorts.kext.

Last edited:
Can someone who's got this working on the fx503vd please post the entire efi folder? The touchpad doesnt work and when I include the kexts for that, clover hangs when I press enter on the OSX Install boot partition. If I dont include the kexts it boots just fine, but then the touchpad doesnt work

Last edited:
Can someone who's got this working on the fx503vd please post the entire efi folder? The touchpad doesnt work and when I include the kexts for that, clover hangs when I press enter on the OSX Install boot partition. If I dont include the kexts it boots just fine, but then the touchpad doesnt work
and to me the same....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back