Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Catalina on ASUS FX503VD

Status
Not open for further replies.
seems like i got mine fixed now without dismantling the dsdt i just applied the patch and my battery icon is 2 percent ahead of my bios battery percent, its just the trackpad i need to fix then im sorted
Trackpad can be fixed using VoodooI2C
seems like i got mine fixed now without dismantling the dsdt i just applied the patch and my battery icon is 2 percent ahead of my bios battery percent, its just the trackpad i need to fix then im sorted
What is your BIOS version?

What is your BIOS version?
i have I2C tho, im missing something..... my bios version is 308

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-28 at 11.35.19.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-28 at 11.35.19.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 87
im using OpenCore not clover

VoodooI2C+VoodooI2CHID in polling mode works. I'll have to look at pinning/fixing it soon. If I remember correctly, you'll need to patch device ETPD method _CRS "Return SBFB SBFI" to just "Return SBFB" - which is still polling.
I haven't had the chance to look at the battery; I'll do that too as soon as I can.
Are you able to switch off the keyboard backlight?
If I remember correctly, the keyboard is a HID device. There's a new driver available at https://github.com/black-dragon74/ROG-HID. There's no need to completely disable SIP after it's been built - 0x01 works fine.

VoodooI2C+VoodooI2CHID in polling mode works. I'll have to look at pinning/fixing it soon. If I remember correctly, you'll need to patch device ETPD method _CRS "Return SBFB SBFI" to just "Return SBFB" - which is still polling.
I haven't had the chance to look at the battery; I'll do that too as soon as I can.

If I remember correctly, the keyboard is a HID device. There's a new driver available at https://github.com/black-dragon74/ROG-HID. There's no need to completely disable SIP after it's been built - 0x01 works fine.

not sure what i done but i got my FN keys working with keyboard backlight, screen brightness hotkey and sound

not sure what i done but i got my FN keys working with keyboard backlight, screen brightness hotkey and sound
Can you please attach your debug files including dsdt and ssdts?

If someone can provide a full ACPI dump, I can try to properly fix touchpad and battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back