Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Catalina on ASUS FX503VD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Motherboard OR System make and model names > See Forum Rules!
CPU
> Need full CPU model name > See Rules!
Graphics
> Need model name or version number > See Forum Rules!
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. 20th Anniv. Mac
  3. 512K
  4. Apple
  5. Centris
  6. Classic
  7. Color Classic
  8. eMac
  9. iBook
  10. iMac
  11. LC
  12. Lisa
  13. Performa
  14. Plus
  15. Portable
  16. Power Mac
  17. PowerBook
  18. Quadra
  19. SE
  20. Workgroup Server
  21. XL
  22. Xserve
  23. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
This is a quick guide for the ASUS FX503VD, using Clover.
You can use OpenCore, but that is not part of this guide. Follow the dortania guide for KabyLake at https://dortania.github.io.
This requires you follow and understand Rehabman's guide, https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

CPU: i7-7700HQ
GPU: Intel HD 630, GTX 1050 (doesn't work)
Wifi: Intel 7265

What works
iMessage/Facetime/iCloud
Trackpad
Battery
Audio
USB 3/2
Ethernet
INTEL or BROADCOM: Wifi, Bluetooth
Most function keys

What doesn't work
HDMI - haven't tested
SD card reader (PCIe) - haven't tested, try Sinetek-rtsx
Dedicated GPU (GTX 1050/1060)

Installation
  1. Use attached config.plist and replace the one in the USB's EFI/Clover folder. (Did you follow the guide linked above?)
    1. Compile & copy SSDT files to new (henceforth not "new") EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched.
    2. Copy config.plist to EFI/Clover
    3. Copy kexts to EFI/Clover/Kexts
    4. Copy drivers to EFI/Clover/Drivers/UEFI
  2. Install macos to GPT, HFS+J or APFS formatted drive.
  3. Once installation is completed, install clover to the macOS disk. Follow step 1 again, but copy to the internal EFI instead.
  4. Optional: If using Intel wifi, copy these bluetooth kexts, and compile and copy wifi kexts itlwm.kext + Black80211.kext to /Library/Extensions, then rebuild kextcache:
    Code:
    sudo mount -uw /; sudo kextcache -i /

Fixing iMessage/Facetime/etc
  1. Make sure that Wifi or/and Ethernet works.
  2. Go to Preferences>Network, and remove all interfaces.
  3. Go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration, and delete NetworkInterfaces.plist
  4. Reboot. Go to Apple>About this Mac>System report>Network, re-add ethernet then wifi.
    1. make sure Ethernet is EN0, and Wifi is EN1. Wifi can be EN0 if ethernet isn't present.
  5. Open config.plist, go to SMBIOS, and paste response of
    Code:
     uuid-gen
    into SmUUID or use CloverConfigurator and press "Generate" to fill in Serial, MLB, and SmUUID.
  6. Go to RtVariables, and click 'generate' next to ROM.

Kexts:
Code:
VoodooTSCSync.kext
Lilu.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
VirtualSMC.kext
SMCBatteryManager.kext
SMCLightSensor.kext
SMCProcessor.kext
SMCSuperIO.kext
HibernationFixup.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
(VoodooGPIO.kext)
(VoodooInput.kext)
(VoodooI2CServices.kext)
VoodooI2C.kext
VoodooI2CHID.kext
NoTouchID.kext
AppleALC.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
AirportBrcmFixup.kext
BrcmFirmwareInjector.kext
BrcmFirmwareData.kext
BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
Sinetex-rtsx.kext
Optional:
Code:
iwlm.kext
Black80211.kext
IntelBluetoothInjector.kext
IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext

ACPI files:
Code:
SSDT-BATT.dsl     
SSDT-DGOF.dsl   
SSDT-EC-USBX.dsl    
SSDT-GPRW.dsl     
SSDT-PLUG.dsl   
SSDT-PNLF.dsl     
SSDT-TPD0 (1).dsl 
SSDT-TPD0 (2).dsl
SSDT-UIAC.dsl
SSDT-XOSI.dsl
There are two patches for touchpad available, "SSDT-TPD0 (1).dsl" and "SSDT-TPD0 (2).dsl". I'd recommend "SSDT-TPD0 (1).dsl" first - compile and rename it to "SSDT-TPD0.aml".

ACPI patches:
Code:
SYS _DSM->XDSM
SYS _OSI->XOSI
SLEEP GPRW->XPRW
PEGP _ON->XON
TPD0 _CRS->XCRS
BATT _Q20->XQ20
BATT SELE->XELE
BATT _BST->XBST
BATT UPBI->XPBI
BATT UPBS->XPBS

UEFI Drivers:
Code:
HFSPlus.efi 
ApfsContainerDriverLoader or apfs.efi from /usr/standalone/i386
AptioMemoryFix/OCQuirks.efi
..and default drivers selected by Clover (Such as FSInject.efi)

And you're done!
Sleep is handled by GPRW rename, touchpad is handled by TPD0 _CRS rename, SATA is handled by SAT0 rename, and wifi/etc are handled by config.plist, SSDTs, and kexts. Battery is handled by a custom patch, which is attached below. You're free to redistribute it/etc.

Attachments

• FX503VD-Catalina-Clover.zip
    13.9 KB · Views: 567
Last edited:
Where is the battery patch?

Most ASUS laptops can use the N55SL/VivoBook patch.
It is also the patch example in my hotpatch guide.

For me, the N55SL patch simply didn't work; so I made a custom one, which I have attached. Sorry, forgot to add it previously :D

Most ASUS laptops can use the N55SL/VivoBook patch.
It is also the patch example in my hotpatch guide.
I know that the patch is missing _REG parts, however I am unsure what/how/where. I've followed the guide, but can't seem to match the guide to my battery-DSDT.

For me, the N55SL patch simply didn't work; so I made a custom one, which I have attached. Sorry, forgot to add it previously :D

I know that the patch is missing _REG parts, however I am unsure what/how/where. I've followed the guide, but can't seem to match the guide to my battery-DSDT.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Last edited:
after installing all the patches and your config.plist my touchpad is working but in settings it is not showing!

after installing all the patches and your config.plist my touchpad is working but in settings it is not showing!
I’m not sure why.. try putting voodooi2c+hid in /library/extensions, enable both “disable AppleIntelLpss..” patches in config.plist>KernelAndKextPatches>KextsToPatch, and ensure config.plist SystemParameters>InjectKexts is DETECT

I’m not sure why.. try putting voodooi2c+hid in /library/extensions, enable both “disable AppleIntelLpss..” patches in config.plist>KernelAndKextPatches>KextsToPatch, and ensure config.plist SystemParameters>InjectKexts is DETECT
thanks will try that. Your battery patch is also not working any other requirements for this?

thanks will try that. Your battery patch is also not working any other requirements for this?
i’m not sure why it’s not working for you.. care to explain what doesn’t work? ex charge state, percentage, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back