Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Catalina on ASUS FX503VD

Status
Not open for further replies.
and to me the same....
Tried Opencore, touchpad still didn't work. Have tried all the voodoo kexts (voodooI2CELAN, ps2controller, etc..)

Hi everyone! I ve managed to ALMOST fix my trackpad using the second patch TPD0-(2), but it is quite strange. When try to move the cursor it is very laggy, but if I hold an finger on a side of the trackpad and slide using another finger on the other side of the trackpad the cursor moves perfectly fine. Scrolling with two fingers kinda works too but it can randomly zoom out. Installed KEXTs : voodooi2c, voodooi2chid, voodoops2(without trackpad and mouse), AsusSMC (and of course :VirtualSMC, ACPIbatterymanager, Lilu, whatevergreen and itlwm). I ll attach the EFI folder. I think the GPIO is buggy but I don't understand its behaviour.

Attachments

• EFI copy.zip
    27.1 MB · Views: 131
Hi everyone! I ve managed to ALMOST fix my trackpad using the second patch TPD0-(2), but it is quite strange. When try to move the cursor it is very laggy, but if I hold an finger on a side of the trackpad and slide using another finger on the other side of the trackpad the cursor moves perfectly fine. Scrolling with two fingers kinda works too but it can randomly zoom out. Installed KEXTs : voodooi2c, voodooi2chid, voodoops2(without trackpad and mouse), AsusSMC (and of course :VirtualSMC, ACPIbatterymanager, Lilu, whatevergreen and itlwm). I ll attach the EFI folder. I think the GPIO is buggy but I don't understand its behaviour.
Thanks a lot for this! I'll soon give it a try

UPDATE:
I've used your EFI to boot and I'm happy to say that the trackpad worked for the first time. However, that only lasted for 2 seconds before I was unable to move the cursor again. But its still progress :)

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for this! I'll soon give it a try

UPDATE:
I've used your EFI to boot and I'm happy to say that the trackpad worked for the first time. However, that only lasted for 2 seconds before I was unable to move the cursor again. But its still progress :)
I am wondering why it has such a behaviour. The patch is exactly how voodooi2c guide said. I made another patch , but this one implementing OSI method to control the OS . However this brings no change. I ll investigate.

PS: Does your hdmi work?

I am wondering why it has such a behaviour. The patch is exactly how voodooi2c guide said. I made another patch , but this one implementing OSI method to control the OS . However this brings no change. I ll investigate.

PS: Does your hdmi work?
I dont know whats behind that either. Tbh I dont have any clue about the patches stuff.
Also, the hdmi didn't work, just got a black screen when connected to an external monitor

This was weird for me, and I remember that it was very non-standard - could you try only having the conoctate SBFI in the _CRS? also try only having conoctate SBFB instead, or conoctate SBFG.
It's possible that only Polling works, in which case one of the above should work.

Either way you may want to try adding FMCN and SSCN methods to the I2C scope, if missing.

Yeah same thing the trackpad was working perfectly fine until I moved to Opencore.

hello,
I have the following problem. I installed hackintosh, it works very well with the original wifi card from Intel (AC 8265) but I tried to install a Broadcom BCM94360 Wifi card in order to use Airdrop and work natively. The laptop does not see the BCM94360 card in either Hackintosh or Windows. Is there an incompatibility between the Broadcom card and the laptop? both have A and E keys.
tnx

hello,
I have the following problem. I installed hackintosh, it works very well with the original wifi card from Intel (AC 8265) but I tried to install a Broadcom BCM94360 Wifi card in order to use Airdrop and work natively. The laptop does not see the BCM94360 card in either Hackintosh or Windows. Is there an incompatibility between the Broadcom card and the laptop? both have A and E keys.
tnx
Is your touchpad working in Big Sur?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back