Contribute
Register

[Guide] Catalina Gigabyte Z170 HD3P + i7-6700K + Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8Gb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you CeeeWeee for providing the guide. I have a Gigabyte H170N-Gaming5 motherboard with the i7-6700k that I recently updated to Catalina.
Fortunately, the system can boot (bluetooth and ethernet and WIFI all work, as does iMessage), but the audio and onboard graphics are not recognized from my clover / update. I am climbing the steep learning curve and trying to decide between Clover and OpenCore. If I were to start with your posted EFI for OC, would you (or any other willing expert) be able to point me in the direction of what changes are needed to enable the audio and graphics?
Thanks in advance!

Thank you! Follow your guide (upgrading froView attachment 445451m Mojave) and it went well, except for Clover Boot, I am using Clover 4934, GA-Z170N-GAMING 5 motherboard with RX580 Graphics Card.
egneus, I have the same setup but with built-in graphics. Any chance you would be able to upload your EFI directory or config.plist and kexts used? I am having issues understanding how to enable audio and built-in graphics. Does your Hackintosh wake from sleep?

Thanks CeeeWeee for the OC EFI example.
I had started with Dortania OC guide and followed it to the letter, but could not reliably boot OC to Catalina. (For some reason it was dead slow.)
Started with yours and made some tweaks and it works great. I have updated OC, kexts, and made a few more tweaks (like customized USBMap.kext), and it seems to work great with my rig. (NVMe + Nvidia GTX 650 Ti).
Note that I did have some strangeness w/ my nvidia card, so I pulled it out for initial installation, and used onboard intel graphics. Note that I had some initial troubles as screen would always go blank after some time booting - I was using onboard DVI adapter. Seems like it (WhateverGreen?) _really_ wants to switch over to HDMI, so I just used that for initial setup, then after everything was working, I put back in my nvidia card, and it worked without issues or anything special.
I did try doing some of the graphics customization (trying to force intel DVI connector output, but didnt really make progress. Gave up as I'm using nvidia card anyhow.)

If it's helpful for anyone, let me know, and I'll try to share my latest (sanitized) EFI w/ OC (based from CeeeWeee's).

Thanks CeeeWeee for the OC EFI example.
I had started with Dortania OC guide and followed it to the letter, but could not reliably boot OC to Catalina. (For some reason it was dead slow.)
Started with yours and made some tweaks and it works great. I have updated OC, kexts, and made a few more tweaks (like customized USBMap.kext), and it seems to work great with my rig. (NVMe + Nvidia GTX 650 Ti).
Note that I did have some strangeness w/ my nvidia card, so I pulled it out for initial installation, and used onboard intel graphics. Note that I had some initial troubles as screen would always go blank after some time booting - I was using onboard DVI adapter. Seems like it (WhateverGreen?) _really_ wants to switch over to HDMI, so I just used that for initial setup, then after everything was working, I put back in my nvidia card, and it worked without issues or anything special.
I did try doing some of the graphics customization (trying to force intel DVI connector output, but didnt really make progress. Gave up as I'm using nvidia card anyhow.)

If it's helpful for anyone, let me know, and I'll try to share my latest (sanitized) EFI w/ OC (based from CeeeWeee's).
Hi,
same motherboard and cpu here (Z170-hd3p + i5-6600), but gtx 960 as graphics board.
I'm trying with an old version of Clover and various kext, but no success, I can't install Catalina into internal ssd.
Could you please post your EFI / plist? Thanks
Next week I'll install an RX570...

Hi,
same motherboard and cpu here (Z170-hd3p + i5-6600), but gtx 960 as graphics board.
I'm trying with an old version of Clover and various kext, but no success, I can't install Catalina into internal ssd.
Could you please post your EFI / plist? Thanks
Next week I'll install an RX570...
Ok, I install Catalina osx with recent opencore; all works but audio...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back