Contribute
Register

[Guide] Catalina Gigabyte Z170 HD3P + i7-6700K + Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8Gb

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Yoship4j Have you been able to solve the audio and USB issues? I'm having the exact same motherboard and problems here. Seems as if AppleALC doesn't do the job here. Any help appreciated! Thanks

Hey, for what it's worth, the Open Core approach is better. Sure, the barrier to entry is higher, but the end result is also more stable (and satisfying) for it.

I was subscribed to this thread because of a similar configuration. I'm installed with Open Core (after 3 days of reading and trial and error) and I'm very happy. I'm unsubscribing now...

Hey. Can someone help me with the GA-Z170-HD3. It is very similar with the GA-Z170-HD3P.

I will use the following assembly. If you like it, maybe in the future I will update!
Gigabyte Z170 HD3
Intel® Core i7-6700
RADEON RX 480 8GB
32Gb RAM
M.2 and SATA SSD drives

Last edited:
Hi @CeeeWeee I tried following this guide but I'm having boot issues. Described here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/clover-boot-issue.303512/

I'm 99% sure this is a clover boot issue and has to do with my computer not being able to read the file system when I try to boot. I was wondering if you could post your EFI folder here so that I could try just replacing my EFI folder with yours. Thanks!

I'm 99% sure this is a clover boot issue ...
I am not that sure. I am thinking that your BIOS settings could play you a trick. But I am not at all an expert...just a thought, to check them.

Let me check my backups for the EFI Folder...If I find it I will add it here...but I have moved on to OpenCore (I am on 0.6.1) and can give you those files...but let me search for the Clover ones...

...stay tuned....

Here goes...

in the config.plist you should replace the below word with your own key.

PUTYOROWNIN

Have Fun!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    33.6 MB · Views: 296
Update 26-SEP-2020 For the record:

I will be happy to help (=share) on OpenCore 0.6.1 for the "same old" hardware...But NOT the Clover approach anymore.

Thanks for understanding

Update 26-SEP-2020 For the record:

I will be happy to help (=share) on OpenCore 0.6.1 for the "same old" hardware...But NOT the Clover approach anymore.

Thanks for understanding

Could you share the EFI config please!

Could you share the EFI config please!
See attached. In the config.plist file replace "PUT_IN_YOUR_OWN" with what you have generated. Let me know how it goes.:clap:

Attachments

• EFI_for_OC_061.zip
    62.5 MB · Views: 304
I have followed this guide when doing a fresh install, but when I click to start the install from the USB in the Clover-menu, I get the Apple logo and that`s it. No progressbar, no nothing.

The verbose shows this, anyone who can help?

Attachments

• IMG_6185.JPG
    IMG_6185.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 74
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back