Contribute
Register

[Guide] Catalina Gigabyte Z170 HD3P + i7-6700K + Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8Gb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is your sidecar working with that config.plist?
Sidecar is not working - I do not see e.g. my iPad in the panel

@CeeeWeee
Is it necessary to do the Multibeast installation? even if there is no version for Catalina only the one for Mojave
I would say yes - I see there it is a couple of weeks since your post. How did it work out for you?

However I am getting random crashes that cause the system to reboot. How do I go about tracking the issue?
It can be lots of things. Not sure how to track it. Do you also have Windows installed and is the behavior also seen there? Do you monitor temperature?

My bios is F21

Something doesn't look good with my PCH Die temp.

Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 6.22.31 AM.png

That PCH Die is normal.

The console app has lots and lots of logs of your system. I do not really know the details and how it is structured - but there is a system log there. Start it up and see what happens just prior to when your system crashes

Thanks CeeeWeee, Great installation guide!

I follow your guide step by step to complete Catalina 10.15.3 installation.
currently found intel HD Graphics 530 VRAM is "7 MB" ? it is strange and also under debug,
almost everything work now, thank you.

MB: Asus Z170 pro gaming
CPU: i7-6700K
RAM: Micron DDR4-2400 16Gx4
GPU: intel HD530
SSD: Plextor M9PeGN 512GB

Last edited:
**************************** INFO ON THE GUIDE *************************

I swapped out my Sapphire RX580 with GIGABYTE Radeon RX 5700 XT GAMING OC

Process was:
- Remove old - insert new :clap:
- Add agdpmod=pikera to the bootflag
- Remove ATI Injection
=> Works

****** This means the guide might be limited on RX 580 advice going forward ********

Hi !

I have the exact same motherboard and the same cpu as this guide, I even copied the EFI folder attached in the conversation, i'm able to boot, to install all the exact kext in multibeast, I followed every step but I'm not able to have audio (except from hdmi), wifi or USB3. Did I miss something ?

@Yoship4j - I am not using the onboard audio. You need to find a KEXT that fits ALC887 codec for audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back