Contribute
Register

[Guide] Catalina Gigabyte Z170 HD3P + i7-6700K + Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8Gb

Status
Not open for further replies.
What options did you select with the Clover installation?
I assume you installed MultiBeast first - therefore an update (standard choices) in Clover should be enough.

I keep getting caught in a loop. I f12 to boot from usb then get to clover and start up the boot macOS install from macOS catalina External one then the apple symbol pops up and loads a second then restarts the computer and I do the same thing over and over. It never gets any farther on the download. Am I doing something wrong?

Can you elaborate on "Will boot 3 times during install"? I have very similar hardware and I'm attempting a clean install of Catalina. I'm able to get through "most" of the install process for the install from the USB. I get screen with a countdown from 20min - 2min, a spinning circle and a reboot. I have the option to boot into a "data" version of the drive that comes up in Clover. After that I am lost. I can't boot from the SSD I think where most of the install has taken place. Everything is the same as the plist.config you said to use, and I just updated it to use iMac17,1.

I've attempted to select the

Currently when I try to boot to the SSD, from the usb boot I get hung after "Notice - new kext com.apple.driver.KextExcludeList, v15.1.1 matches prelinked kext but cant determine if executables are the same (no UUIDs).

Can you elaborate on "Will boot 3 times during install"? I have very similar hardware and I'm attempting a clean install of Catalina. I'm able to get through "most" of the install process for the install from the USB. I get screen with a countdown from 20min - 2min, a spinning circle and a reboot. I have the option to boot into a "data" version of the drive that comes up in Clover. After that I am lost. I can't boot from the SSD I think where most of the install has taken place. Everything is the same as the plist.config you said to use, and I just updated it to use iMac17,1.

I've attempted to select the

Currently when I try to boot to the SSD, from the usb boot I get hung after "Notice - new kext com.apple.driver.KextExcludeList, v15.1.1 matches prelinked kext but cant determine if executables are the same (no UUIDs).
You board is >>this one<< I guess. This means you are using both a different Audio and Network module. Do you use the corresponding settings and kext files? If not, you should try that.

I tried update from High Sierra to Catalina but it doesn't boot. Can you please share your EFI folder? I tried an EFI from another forum. But it loads to the middle of the Apple logo and then black screen. I tried verbose mode. This is the last time before the reboot:
AAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg

Please help.

I tried update from High Sierra to Catalina but it doesn't boot. Can you please share your EFI folder? I tried an EFI from another forum. But it loads to the middle of the Apple logo and then black screen. I tried verbose mode. This is the last time before the reboot:

Please help.
Hi, did you do the steps that was outlined in post 1? Be aware you have a different audio/LAN on your board, did you use the respective kexts for these?

Hi, did you do the steps that was outlined in post 1? Be aware you have a different audio/LAN on your board, did you use the respective kexts for these?
Thank you for taking the time to try to help me.
Audio/LAN in my board is the same as your board!
I did everything exactly as you described it in the first post, will it have anything to do with the bios settings?
When I activate Support for Windows 8.1/10 clover directly does not start and I have to do a ClearCMOS or directly just start Windows.
My RX580 is SAPPHIRE NITRO+ I try the installation via HDMI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back