Contribute
Register

[Guide] Broadwell HD5500 Setting DVMT in InsydeH20 BIOS Laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some Issues here .
1. Cannot extract the Bios exe to get .fn file . There is no extract here neither forcing it to winrar does nothing .
2. Adding the exe into the phoenix tool does give me normal steps as with ".fn " file , I managed to extract the info regarding DVMT vallues , and when changing them I get the error there is in the pic .
What am I doing wrong ? Can someone help me extract the value correctly ?
I post here the Bios that is on my pc installed currently , In case someone wants to give it a go see if "extracts " etc .
Thank you in advance !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 431
  • AW15A06.rar
    4.7 MB · Views: 127
Here is a picture with what I found as information the way I done it .

Attachments

• IMG_0639.JPG
    IMG_0639.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 277
Windows indication is not relevant/not reliable... ignore.
If you can run the drivers without changing the DVMT-prealloc setting, then you don't need the patch, nor do you need to change it. Sort of a "don't fix what ain't broken" sort of thing.

My Kaby Lake laptop (HP envy 15-as110TU) works in 10.12.3 without minStolenSize patch, too.
Is there a way to know the current DVMT-preallc setting? Windows shows 128M.
When I open the extracted IFR.txt file, I haven't found any "DVMT" or "64M".

My display is now working on eDP: 3840x2160@40Hz , not 60Hz.
So I guess that if my default DVMT-preallc was 64M. Perhaps it can work on 60Hz after setting to 128M.
Any advise? thx.

Attachments

• FE3542FE-C1D3-4EF8-657C-8048606FF670_878 IFR.txt
    1.4 MB · Views: 460
Last edited:
My Kaby Lake laptop (HP envy 15-as110TU) works in 10.12.3 without minStolenSize patch, too.
Is there a way to know the current DVMT-preallc setting? Windows shows 128M.
When I open the extracted IFR.txt file, I haven't found any "DVMT" or "64M".

My display is now working on eDP: 3840x2160@40Hz , not 60Hz.
So I guess that if my default DVMT-preallc was 64M. Perhaps it can work on 60Hz after setting to 128M.
Any advise? thx.

Default must be 64mb or larger, otherwise you would have KP without the minStolenSize patch.
It seems to be a common change for Kaby Lake laptops by Lenovo and HP (but not Dell).

In post #43 is written that before I should do this process, I should make a backup with a recovery. Should I do this with a program in windows or should I use the option that is present in my InsydeH20 Bios?

I got a problem...
I extracted the BIOS file like it is written in the guide ( I have an Acer notebook) and then several files appeared, also two .fd files, one is bigger than the other (see photo).
So which file should I use to continue the process, or should I try it with both files?
BIOS_I.jpg

Hello,

I tried following the guide to extract the bios, but i can't find the FE35* file . My laptop is in my signature, i attached a few printscreens, and the bios file. I could not use the exe from the Dell website, i had to save it from my laptop using universal bios backup kit 2.0.

Am i doing something wrong ?

Thank you,
Cosmin Cucu

Attachments

• DellInc.-1.3.2.rar
    4.3 MB · Views: 129
  • 1.png
    1.png
    90 KB · Views: 193
  • 2.png
    2.png
    44.4 KB · Views: 193
  • 3.png
    3.png
    101.6 KB · Views: 179
I had the same problem...
I will try it for you and reply when I successfully extract the .ROM as text file.

@CosminCucu

The .ROM file you uploaded is too big, your file is 16 MB big, the .ROM file where the DVMT is defined is under 1 MB big, in my case it is 956 KB big.
Maybe it could be that when you extract your BIOS that several .fd files appaer, extract each file with the Phoenix Tool and make the process like it´s written in the guide. In my case for example three .fd files appaered.

You should ask for advice in this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...a-10-12-x-lts-long-term-support-guide.213141/

Hi, i have been reading this formum for years, but i never had to ask anythiing because my others comuters were very easy to hackintosh.
Now i want to do it with my new 9360 fhd.. my question is. is totally necesay to swap the wifi card to get it working?, thanks.
my another request... (and this is a little bit harder), it would be awesome if someone could upload a video about the bios patching, im not very sure if i can do it well.
of course, congratulations to the author. this is an awesome guide, and i think im not the only scared

edit: mistaken thread, sorry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back