I have change the DVMT to 0x3
I have try many methods ( clover config, dsdt ...) but always show HD5500 7MB

my laptop
el capitan 10.11.4
acer v3-371-54lk
cpu i5-5200u
ram 8gx2
hd 256g ssd

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Hello.
I've managed to boot 10.11.4 thanks to all the contributors here in this thread.
Acer Travelmate P236-M with InsydeH20 BIOS i5-5200U CPU (HD 5500 graphics).

No more eft-shell USB stick to boot for the DVMT, video memory 1536, bluetooth, wireless (swapped Intel AC7265 for a Broadcom BCM94352Z). DVMT problem fixed in config.plist.

Audio ALC283 was an hard one but thanks to RehabMan http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-alc283-not-working-acer-aspire-e5-571-a.html post 2 now it is working.

Still have some problem in booting (sometimes needs a couple of CTRL ALT CANC to boot... do not why) and sometimes reboot or shutdown hangs.

But its an usable laptop by the way.

Thank you all

If needed can share configs.

DVMT problem fixed in config.plist.

Still have some problem in booting (sometimes needs a couple of CTRL ALT CANC to boot... do not why) and sometimes reboot or shutdown hangs.

Your problem is likely due to not setting DVMT-prealloc correctly.

I'm using:
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Disable minStolenSize less or equal fStolenMemorySize assertion, 10.11.beta ( (based on Austere.J patch)</string>
<key>Enabled</key>
<true/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
4139c476
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
4139c4eb
</data>
</dict>

This works 95% of the times (so no eft-shell stick) but sometimes specially on rebooting gives me "Couldn't allocate runtime area".
Forcing it halt and then starting it over solve the problem.

I'm trying to enable HDMI Audio/Video following some of the threads as using Toleda SSDT-HDMI-HD5500.aml whitout any luck.
Keep digging, but with so many boots, I've discovered this glitch.

Thanx

I'm using:
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Disable minStolenSize less or equal fStolenMemorySize assertion, 10.11.beta ( (based on Austere.J patch)</string>
<key>Enabled</key>
<true/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
4139c476
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
4139c4eb
</data>
</dict>

This works 95% of the times (so no eft-shell stick) but sometimes specially on rebooting gives me "Couldn't allocate runtime area".
Forcing it halt and then starting it over solve the problem.

I'm trying to enable HDMI Audio/Video following some of the threads as using Toleda SSDT-HDMI-HD5500.aml whitout any luck.
Keep digging, but with so many boots, I've discovered this glitch.

Thanx

You should set DVMT prealloc as required. The patch is likely to cause instability. There is an HDMI audio guide in the 10.11 laptop section.

I cannot set DVMT in BIOS if I did understand what you're suggesting me. So I've used the minStolenSize patch.
Thanks.

I cannot set DVMT in BIOS if I did understand what you're suggesting me. So I've used the minStolenSize patch.
Thanks.

Due to incorrectly set DVMT-prealloc, using the patch is likely to cause instability. Laptops which cannot set DVMT-prealloc are not good hack candidates.

Due to incorrectly set DVMT-prealloc, using the patch is likely to cause instability. Laptops which cannot set DVMT-prealloc are not good hack candidates.
when i tried to boot from the files extracted from efi.zip----
no boot volume found either in ueffi or legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back