Contribute
Register

[Guide] Broadwell HD5500 Setting DVMT in InsydeH20 BIOS Laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I have tried to do as you have said. However i am not able to set the DVMT. It gives me an error can't set variable using efi(error: 0x000000000000001a)

check the variable you have entered ensure you are not typing in the wrong thing, some people have entered the wrong thing and get an error and wonder why there's an error.
I cant find DXE Core. Could it be named anything else?

check the variable you have entered ensure you are not typing in the wrong thing, some people have entered the wrong thing and get an error and wonder why there's an error.

This is the error I'm getting

Attachments

• IMG_20150907_180048912.jpg
    IMG_20150907_180048912.jpg
    910.5 KB · Views: 393
Ok so my case is a little different. I have 4 bios bin files which i got when i backed up my bios. Out of 4,3 have variables of DVMT. But in both there are different variables. Two are 0x18C and third is 0x198. This is probably why i am getting the error. Please advice me what to do?

instead of backing up the bios did you try downloading the bios file from the manufacturers site? also check through the file carefully dxe core is there somewhere. I have not come across such an error hence unable to tell you what to do beyond whats in the guide.... you can experiment and see what may work thats how i figured out how to change the dvmt after following available guides.

instead of backing up the bios did you try downloading the bios file from the manufacturers site? also check through the file carefully dxe core is there somewhere. I have not come across such an error hence unable to tell you what to do beyond whats in the guide.... you can experiment and see what may work thats how i figured out how to change the dvmt after following available guides.
OK yeah found the files. However i have 3 bios files and there are different variables. I tried running the command with both the variables but am getting the same error all the time.

My laptop doesn't boot the EFI Shell, I have even tried to put the BOOT folder inside an EFI folder instead but the BIOS just doesn't boot it, can't I use Clover's UEFI Shell instead? Did I miss some step?

OK yeah found the files. However i have 3 bios files and there are different variables. I tried running the command with both the variables but am getting the same error all the time.

I suspect the three would mean the same bios is used for three different variants of your laptop. one of the three would be specific to your laptop, by trial and error attempt applying the variables from all three also use the search function in the text editor to search for dvmt, there could be more than one in the file and you may be using the incorrect one.

My laptop doesn't boot the EFI Shell, I have even tried to put the BOOT folder inside an EFI folder instead but the BIOS just doesn't boot it, can't I use Clover's UEFI Shell instead? Did I miss some step?
you have definately missed a step. this works for everyone who has tried it hence you need to follow the guide carefully, ensure bios is in legacy mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back