Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting The USB Installer Using OpenCore

Hey all,
I am new to this hackintosh thing. I have a Dell Vostro 260 and have heard I can run macos high sierra. I have gotten as far as assembling the gensmbios and that is where I am stuck. Can someone guide me to making the usb bootable from here? Thanks!

I have a Dell Vostro 260 and have heard I can run macos high sierra
This is a laptop thread. Start a new thread in High Sierra desktop support.
Screen_Shot.jpg

You would probably be smarter to use Unibeast and Multibeast for High Sierra.
I've never heard of Intel 6570 graphics. Do you mean AMD HD 6570 ?

Hello, i have a question. The recovery version marked (full install) on mine is only 500mb and requires internet download. is that right?

Hello, i have a question. The recovery version marked (full install) on mine is only 500mb and requires internet download. is that right?
yes, this guide creates a recovery installer that will require working lan or wifi so it can download macOS via their servers to install

HI, i'm trying to install big sur with opencore (i3 6006u, 8GB RAM, 520HD, 500HDD) but it's stucked and he cannot find my hdd. i've used the config in the attachment of this guide. can someone help me please.

Attachments

• Immagine WhatsApp 2022-12-12 ore 19.33.10.jpg
    Immagine WhatsApp 2022-12-12 ore 19.33.10.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 24
HI, i'm trying to install big sur with opencore (i3 6006u, 8GB RAM, 520HD, 500HDD) but it's stucked and he cannot find my hdd. i've used the config in the attachment of this guide. can someone help me please.
what is the make and model of your hard drive?

Back