Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting The USB Installer Using OpenCore

Hi guys i followed the instructions and i get stuck here.

im in stalling on my
Lenovo y700 i7-6700hq 16gig
i am using SanDisk3.1 32 gig on a usb 2.0 port
USB 2.0 usb does the samething.

- i don't know anything about OC any glossaries about it regarding laptops will also help since they say it's the future.

Attachments

• y700-i7-6700hq.jpeg
    y700-i7-6700hq.jpeg
    180.7 KB · Views: 115
I tried it but i get this stuck for 30min
also i didn't find my

AAPL,ig-platform-id
device-id

i have i7 4940MX CPU (Dell m4800) HD 4600 but i couldn't get the values from the guide
Where you able to boot from open core? If yes then please give me your EFI

@Feartech
I followed all the steps and booted successfully into mac os. But after mounting my efi, when i restart my pc it gets stuck on this screen
7733C4B0-DB80-4486-BA35-BBC53E256301.jpeg

Although i can boot into recovery just fine. I also tried reinstalling mac os from recovery but it again gets stuck when i restart.. (also when i tried reinstalling 2nd timt the mac installer is in russian and when i boot into the os its still in russian. When i try to change it , it asks to restart my pc which I can’t :( help me out please

@Feartech
I followed all the steps and booted successfully into mac os. But after mounting my efi, when i restart my pc it gets stuck on this screenView attachment 480873
Although i can boot into recovery just fine. I also tried reinstalling mac os from recovery but it again gets stuck when i restart.. (also when i tried reinstalling 2nd timt the mac installer is in russian and when i boot into the os its still in russian. When i try to change it , it asks to restart my pc which I can’t :( help me out please
the config.plist from post 1 is already set to English language

the config.plist from post 1 is already set to English language
i know.. it was in english for the first time but when it got stuck , i tried reinstalling mac os and then it started in russian... pretty weird i know. But i can change that once i fix the restart problem.. but i cant find anything online. Can u help me out please? Also thanks for the quick reply :)

Also i have a lenovo b40-80 i3-5005u hd5500 graphics so I edited the config.plist to suit my laptop

didnt chamge any language though

i know.. it was in english for the first time but when it got stuck , i tried reinstalling mac os and then it started in russian... pretty weird i know. But i can change that once i fix the restart problem.. but i cant find anything online. Can u help me out please? Also thanks for the quick reply :)
once you have installed macOS, just mount the EFI on hard drive, delete any EFI folders, and then copy the EFI from the mounted USB and reboot

Back