Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting The USB Installer Using OpenCore

Hi Feartech , I 'm try this method , by El Captain mac OS X on my laptop (asus) and when I open (BuildmacOSInstallApp.command)
I don't have the same shoot that you have post, but another one windows that ask me:
to drag and drop folder from gibMacOS .
I don't understand the exactly procedure .
Could you help me more?
tnk's

edit: I also have the installMacosCatalina.app, inside the gibMacOs-Master, because Yesterday have make this one procedure for download it

View attachment 464417
best to then follow the video from:

Thank you for this guide Feartech. I've been struggling for two weeks to get to the macOS installer. This has gotten me closer, but it still hangs before it reaches the installer. The info on the screen when it hangs is always just a little different, but always in the same general place. I attached a few screenshots. All are with the same USB boot stick and I didn't make any changes in between boots. My EFI is also attached.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

System Information:
  • Dell Inspiron 7573 2-in-1 (latest BIOS)
  • i7-8550U (Kaby Lake Refresh)
  • Intel UHD Graphics 620
  • 16 GB RAM
  • M.2 SK hynix SC401 SATA 512GB (latest BIOS)

Changes to the original config.plist:
  • DeviceProperties->Add->PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)->AAPL,ig-platform-id = 00001B59
  • DeviceProperties->Add->PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)->device-id = 16590000
  • DeviceProperties->Add->PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)->model = Intel UHD Graphics 620
  • PlatformInfo->Generic->SystemProductName = MacBookPro14,1
Boot screenshots:
20200425_080258.jpg

20200425_080349.jpg
20200425_080435.jpg

A little background on me: This is probably my 7th or 8th Hackintosh and 5th or 6th Hackbook. I've Hackbooked a few of these Dells before (earlier models), so I'm fairly familiar with them. This one has me stumped.

Again, thanks for any help!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3 MB · Views: 281
Thank you for this guide Feartech. I've been struggling for two weeks to get to the macOS installer. This has gotten me closer, but it still hangs before it reaches the installer. The info on the screen when it hangs is always just a little different, but always in the same general place. I attached a few screenshots. All are with the same USB boot stick and I didn't make any changes in between boots. My EFI is also attached.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

System Information:
  • Dell Inspiron 7573 2-in-1 (latest BIOS)
  • i7-8550U (Kaby Lake Refresh)
  • Intel UHD Graphics 620
  • 16 GB RAM
  • M.2 SK hynix SC401 SATA 512GB (latest BIOS)

Changes to the original config.plist:
  • DeviceProperties->Add->PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)->AAPL,ig-platform-id = 00001B59
  • DeviceProperties->Add->PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)->device-id = 16590000
  • DeviceProperties->Add->PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)->model = Intel UHD Graphics 620
  • PlatformInfo->Generic->SystemProductName = MacBookPro14,1
Boot screenshots:
View attachment 464859
View attachment 464860View attachment 464861

A little background on me: This is probably my 7th or 8th Hackintosh and 5th or 6th Hackbook. I've Hackbooked a few of these Dells before (earlier models), so I'm fairly familiar with them. This one has me stumped.

Again, thanks for any help!
hiya

not seen that message before but I have found this for you:

maybe a quirk or 2 may need changing?

hiya

not seen that message before but I have found this for you:

maybe a quirk or 2 may need changing?

That's actually my repo. It's a clone of Khanaset's working Dell 7373 EFI where I was trying to get to the installer, too. I'll see if I can merge some of the settings from the two.

That's actually my repo. It's a clone of Khanaset's working Dell 7373 EFI where I was trying to get to the installer, too. I'll see if I can merge some of the settings from the two.
doh! sorry! didn't see that :)

Is there anyway to migrate from clover to opencore without clean install?

can you please tell where to place installMacosCatalina.app so it gets integrated into setup to avoid downloading the os again

Back