Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting The USB Installer Using OpenCore

Hi All,

Trying to build my very first Hack and everything works getting to the installer using the EFI in Post 1 except that when i click select the Reinstall MacOS which seems the only viable option there, I get a message saying The recovery server could not be contacted.

Seems this is because I don't have internet (I checked Safari) although I have this connected by Ethernet.

I am on a Dell Inspiron 15 5559 and did make some edits to the config file but only to remove some disabled items.
Attached if anyone can help cast an eye on why it wouldn't be working. I presume the Realtek kext is supposed to sort this out.
you will need to check in windows device manager to see what network card you have and replace the necessary kext

Last edited:
Hello there!

I´m trying install macOS for first time. I spent a lot of time to try fix that, but unsuccessfully...
I tried to find a solution here on the forum, but most cases are always different. I hope, you can help me.

My spec: Acer Nitro 5 2020 (AN517-52-75Q7)
i7-10750h -- Intel(R) UHD graphics 630

First, what I get is:
OCS: No schema for 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 at 5 Index, context <root>!
OCS: No schema for Quirks at 0 index, context <Output>!

Then I get to option 1. Windows, 2. my drive and another 2 option. I select option 2 - a black screen for a while, and after a while a piece of long text that can't even be photographed.

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    996.8 KB · Views: 57
  • EFI.rar
    996.8 KB · Views: 58
Hello there!

I´m trying install macOS for first time. I spent a lot of time to try fix that, but unsuccessfully...
I tried to find a solution here on the forum, but most cases are always different. I hope, you can help me.

My spec: Acer Nitro 5 2020 (AN517-52-75Q7)
i7-10750h -- Intel(R) UHD graphics 630

First, what I get is:
OCS: No schema for 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 at 5 Index, context <root>!
OCS: No schema for Quirks at 0 index, context <Output>!

Then I get to option 1. Windows, 2. my drive and another 2 option. I select option 2 - a black screen for a while, and after a while a piece of long text that can't even be photographed.
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

also you didn't use the files from post 1 of this guide...?

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

also you didn't use the files from post 1 of this guide...?
I have to read it again, thank you!

I cant update my laptop directly using the built-in software updater. It goes thru the first part and instead of restaring the machine; it just logs me out. My question is can I use a USB installer to update from Catalina to Big Sur?

I cant update my laptop directly using the built-in software updater. It goes thru the first part and instead of restaring the machine; it just logs me out. My question is can I use a USB installer to update from Catalina to Big Sur?
Not with a recovery installer as there isn't one for Big Sur available via gibMacOS. Newest is 10.15.7.

Screen Shot 4.jpg

You could make a USB with the full install 12GB+ version of Big Sur and use that.

Not with a recovery installer as there isn't one for Big Sur available via gibMacOS. Newest is 10.15.7.

View attachment 524243

You could make a USB with the full install 12GB+ version of Big Sur and use that.
So, I can upgrade an exisitng install with the full install USB?

So, I can upgrade an exisitng install with the full install USB?
Sure, just don't perform the hard drive formatting step as you would with a clean install.

It errored out with some filesystem error. Ran error check on the data partition; but that resulted in a error code 8; Trying to work thru it now.

Back