Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting The USB Installer Using OpenCore

It stays on that screen forever. Nothing else happens
could be a usb issue, try different ports, also what make usb stick are you using?

could be a usb issue, try different ports, also what make usb stick are you using?
Thanks, tried booting using the other two usb ports and same exact thing happens.

The usb stick is Kingston DataTraveler G4 - 16Gb

One different thing I did from your guide is that the formatting of the usb stick and the downloading of the Catalina installer was not using windows like in your guide, but using the official Opencore install guide section "Making the installer in macOS" from my desktop computer. But I downloaded the full Catalina install using another tool called "macOs Catalina patcher"

One different thing I did from your guide is that the formatting of the usb stick and the downloading of the Catalina installer was not using windows like in your guide, but using the official Opencore install guide section "Making the installer in macOS" from my desktop computer. But I downloaded the full Catalina install using another tool called "macOs Catalina patcher"
those are not used in my guide

do you think that would make a difference and might be causing issues? It's the official Catalina install
i don't helping in this thread if you had followed the guide......

Hi . i follow all the instructio from opencore website but still no luck

hope that someone can help me .

IMG_20201204_094657.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi . i follow all the instructio from opencore website but still no luck

hope that someone can help me .
Maybe @Feartech can help you if you attach your EFI. This doesn't look right. What systems are you both using?

Edit: I looked at both of your hardware profiles and it's not detailed enough. Please specify your exact system (like HP Pavilion 15-cs3153cl) in the "Motherboard" section, your exact CPU (like i7-8550U) in the "CPU" section, and your exact graphics (like UHD 620) + screen resolution in the "Graphics" section. Tell me when you are done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Please see my attached zip of my efi folders.
i'm very clueless of my error

My hardware info is as follows
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor DRAM Controller (rev 09)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller (rev 09)
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family MEI Controller #1 (rev 04)
00:1a.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #2 (rev 04)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 04)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 (rev c4)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 4 (rev c4)
00:1c.5 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 6 (rev c4)
00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 (rev 04)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation HM75 Express Chipset LPC Controller (rev 04)
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series Chipset Family 6-port SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 04)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SMBus Controller (rev 04)
07:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter (rev 01)
09:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 07)

I have HD4000 intel GPU
i3-3110m cpu

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 42
Back