Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting The USB Installer Using OpenCore

Does anyone have an idea why booting from the USB thumb drive works perfectly fine and the same EFI transferred to the internal SSD stucks just before the logon screen?

This is kinda driving me mad...

Hello, my Catalina bootStick seems to successfully boot and load, and after all the white letters end i get a black screen with some flickering what could cause this? i have an HP 17-BY0061st with an i3-8130U Kaby Lake-R and Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620, i think my issue is on the hardware ID, here's a screenshot and my plist file any help is appreciated thanks!

Attachments

• config.plist
    29.8 KB · Views: 91
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 60
Hello, my Catalina bootStick seems to successfully boot and load, and after all the white letters end i get a black screen with some flickering what could cause this? i have an HP 17-BY0061st with an i3-8130U Kaby Lake-R and Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620, i think my issue is on the hardware ID, here's a screenshot and my plist file any help is appreciated thanks!
try without the device id and model

Hello Feartech,
Glad to tell you i had success with your method!
I created a new USB Catalina installer with Multibeast and everything went flawlessly!
Thank you VERY MUCH

Hello Feartech,
Glad to tell you i had success with your method!
I created a new USB Catalina installer with Multibeast and everything went flawlessly!
Thank you VERY MUCH
I am glad it worked for you! :)

Multibeast doesn't actually create a usb installer though, also my guide doesn't use it either.....

Yes Multibeast created a USB Catalina installer with Clover instead! What i understood reading your method with Opencore is it's cooked on Windows with Python installed...
Is it possible to use your EFI for Skylake done with Opencore as a replacement of my EFI Clover?

Yes Multibeast created a USB Catalina installer with Clover instead! What i understood reading your method with Opencore is it's cooked on Windows with Python installed...
Is it possible to use your EFI for Skylake done with Opencore as a replacement of my EFI Clover?
multibeast does not create a usb installer

the efi in post 1 is setup for skylake

How create install usb of Big Sur? Which metod?

i format the usbdisk with HFS+ guid map but only one partition found ..cannot finf the efi parition for open core

Back