Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting The USB Installer Using OpenCore

I am trying to boot with opencore and have created the USB following the guide in post 1.

I cannot reach the installer, it progresses but then freezes with the output shown below. I have attached my EFI folder

View attachment 579898
best to use CoffeeLake definition for your system (according to your hardware profile)

best to use CoffeeLake definition for your system (according to your hardware profile)
A previous hack was Coffee Lake, the current one is Kaby Lake. Apologies, hardware profile updated to reflect current system.

A previous hack was Coffee Lake, the current one is Kaby Lake. Apologies, hardware profile updated to reflect current system.
thanks for updating your profile

if you still have windows installed, then I would suggest using this tool:

to generate all your aml files per your machine and using config.plist Find and Replace entries it generates

thanks for updating your profile

if you still have windows installed, then I would suggest using this tool:

to generate all your aml files per your machine and using config.plist Find and Replace entries it generates
I have used SSDTTime to generate the aml files and 11 are currently loaded but i am not sure what I have to replace in the config.plst
ssdttime.PNG

I have used SSDTTime to generate the aml files and 11 are currently loaded but i am not sure what I have to replace in the config.plst
View attachment 579994
look in the output folder it creates, you should see a config.plist with some info inside which you need to copy into your own config.plist

look in the output folder it creates, you should see a config.plist with some info inside which you need to copy into your own config.plist
I entered P to dump the files but I can only see .aml files, no config.plst file, is there another step or steps I am missing? See results folder attached.

Attachments

• Results.zip
    53.3 KB · Views: 3
I entered P to dump the files but I can only see .aml files, no config.plst file, is there another step or steps I am missing? See results folder attached.
only gets generated when you generate your aml files

only gets generated when you generate your aml files
Im not quite sure what to do or if I should be patching or which patches to use at the pre installation phase, the only way I see a config.plst showing is after applying some patches

Im not quite sure what to do or if I should be patching or which patches to use at the pre installation phase, the only way I see a config.plst showing is after applying some patches
run through the various patches it lists, it will check your DSDT.aml and then generate the needed aml files, along with a config.plist with various Find and Replace entries for your main config.plist

Back