Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Unibeast

[GUIDE] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Unibeast Chimera/Chameleon

Hi all,

you can try to boot with clover with work for me my computer.

RehabMan,

i will waiting for Expecting Clover version :D
cheer.

Your previous DSDT should mostly work...

Perhaps you need to update GenericUSBXCHI.kext.

On the 13z laptop I find your Generic kext as the best working stable. However I still get a slow wake on USB. Is there a time adjustment I can make in some info plist file?

On the 13z laptop I find your Generic kext as the best working stable. However I still get a slow wake on USB. Is there a time adjustment I can make in some info plist file?

It unlikely related to the kext... Probably some sort of DSDT/BIOS setting issue...

It unlikely related to the kext... Probably some sort of DSDT/BIOS setting issue...

I know we may be steering off topic but in mav the previous USBgeneric I had USB woke after sleep no problem. Using same in yosemite doesn't recognize usb2 devises. I actually had to repatch DSDT to get battery working. Where in DSDT should I look for USB wake? I used the 7/8 series USB patch. Should I try that 7 multiplex? 13z only has 3.0. Bios has no options regarding this....I may have to live with it.

I know we may be steering off topic but in mav the previous USBgeneric I had USB woke after sleep no problem. Using same in yosemite doesn't recognize usb2 devises. I actually had to repatch DSDT to get battery working. Where in DSDT should I look for USB wake? I used the 7/8 series USB patch. Should I try that 7 multiplex? 13z only has 3.0. Bios has no options regarding this....I may have to live with it.

Off-topic. Please open a separate thread.

Hi, when I booted to the USB, I used -v for the boot thing, then it gave me the message "No dsdt found. Using 0 as hid value." and "Using PCI-Root-Value: 0" I followed this guide to get my USB, because I am on a Toshiba Sattelite laptop, and I had some weird stuff with my laptop. http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-co...12-working-hackintosh-installation-guide.html . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, when I booted to the USB, I used -v for the boot thing, then it gave me the message "No dsdt found. Using 0 as hid value." and "Using PCI-Root-Value: 0" I followed this guide to get my USB, because I am on a Toshiba Sattelite laptop, and I had some weird stuff with my laptop. http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-co...12-working-hackintosh-installation-guide.html . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Follow the guide in post #1.

Or use the Clover guide (recomended): http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

This is a very good guide!
But I have not solved the problem
AppleACPIPlatformExpert :: start failed

IMG_0311[1].jpg

I boot with flags: -x -v dart=0 DropSSDT=Yes PCIRootUID=1

This is a very good guide!
But I have not solved the problem
AppleACPIPlatformExpert :: start failed

View attachment 113889

I boot with flags: -x -v dart=0 DropSSDT=Yes PCIRootUID=1

Did you re-create your USB with the latest Unibeast?

Also, use just "-v dart=0 cpus=1"

Back