Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Unibeast

[GUIDE] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Unibeast Chimera/Chameleon

I believe that I have Chimera, but on my Unibeast Drive I have the file org.chameleon.Boot.plist

I believe that I have Chimera, but on my Unibeast Drive I have the file org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Well, you should not be guessing... If you had installed Chameleon you would probably have remembered. Unibeast installs Chimera4.

The config file is still called org.chameleon.Boot.plist since Chimera is a branch of Chameleon.

But in post #17, you mention using flags that are specific to Chameleon, thus the question about the version of Chameleon you installed...

I'm trying to boot with chimera and not chameleon. I'm sorry for the confusion as this is my first attempt at dual booting with OS X.

I'm trying to boot with chimera and not chameleon. I'm sorry for the confusion as this is my first attempt at dual booting with OS X.

Re-read post #1, now with the knowledge that you have Chimera.

RehabMan,
I started everything from scratch, now that I have knowledege I'm using Chimera, I removed and updated the .kext files that were speficied in the tutorial. Now I booted into verbose mode without using any bootflags, now the system is waiting for root device.

image.jpg

RehabMan,
I started everything from scratch, now that I have knowledege I'm using Chimera, I removed and updated the .kext files that were speficied in the tutorial. Now I booted into verbose mode without using any bootflags, now the system is waiting for root device.

View attachment 112248

What do you have in /Extra/Extensions on the USB?

In /Extra/Extensions I have, AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext, ALXEthernet.kext, AppleIGB.kext, AppleIntelE1000e.kext, AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext, EvOreboot.kext, FakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, RealtekRTL8111.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext (Updated file from bitbucket.org).

In /Extra/Extensions I have, AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext, ALXEthernet.kext, AppleIGB.kext, AppleIntelE1000e.kext, AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext, EvOreboot.kext, FakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, RealtekRTL8111.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext (Updated file from bitbucket.org).

Read post #1. You're missing GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

RehabMan,
I addded GenericUSBXHCI.kext, and I reached the installer and installed Yosemite, but now when I rebooted into the Yosemite drive, it is now stalling, only the mouse pointer is on the screen, no graphics, and the trackpad is fully functional, but no graphics. Do I need to add a boot flag in the Chimera boot screen?

image.jpg

RehabMan,
I addded GenericUSBXHCI.kext, and I reached the installer and installed Yosemite, but now when I rebooted into the Yosemite drive, it is now stalling, only the mouse pointer is on the screen, no graphics, and the trackpad is fully functional, but no graphics. Do I need to add a boot flag in the Chimera boot screen?

View attachment 112421

See post #1... You probably need 'dart=0'...

Back