Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Unibeast

I do not know where to find this list. Have proven card?

I do not know where to find this list. Have proven card?

There is a list of compatible devices in the link I provided. Please read it.

As far as devices that may be compatible with your laptop, download and read the service manual. I'm not going to read it for you.

Please open a separate thread for any future questions regarding your laptop. You are off-topic for this thread.

Hello RehabMan,
I'm trying to installa Yosemite on my Toshiba using the Unibeast process as I did previously with Mavericks with success.
I have created the USB and followed your guide, but at the first boot from the USB I get stuck as you can see in the attached picture.
What could be the reason?
Thanks

Attachments

• 20150301_110922912_iOS.jpg
    20150301_110922912_iOS.jpg
    998.5 KB · Views: 167
Hello RehabMan,
I'm trying to installa Yosemite on my Toshiba using the Unibeast process as I did previously with Mavericks with success.
I have created the USB and followed your guide, but at the first boot from the USB I get stuck as you can see in the attached picture.
What could be the reason?
Thanks

You should use Clover: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

Or follow the guide in post #1 (if you wish to continue using Unibeast/Chimera). I can see you did not read the guide and did not provide the flags necessary to boot the installer (eg. missing at least nv_disable=1).

I read your guide in post #1, the only thing I have missed in the nv_disable flag.
Now I will retry and let you know.

Please note you'll achieve a better, easier to install, easier to update system if you use Clover.

Rehabman,

What is the advantage of using Clover, if any?

-My boot is error blackscreen. I boot with Flags -x. Dell i5 2430m HD3000+ nvidia GT525M 1366x768. How can i boot?

Back