Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

[GUIDE] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover UEFI

Hey

i have tried using a different usb and also the two different USB ports on my computer. It still hangs at the same spot with the same verbose script. Are there any other methods that you can offer?

What kind of USB stick are you using?

I have tried using imitation, Toshiba and an unbranded usb.

I have tried using imitation, Toshiba and an unbranded usb.

USB2 or USB3? Try with a powered USB2 hub. Try with and without GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

I have tried the above but to no avail. I have also tried Mavericks and that doesn't seem to work either (it gets stuck on the spinning wheel with the same verbose output)

does it have something to do with the fact that my hard drive is formatted in GPT format? It was problematic when I was installing windows recently ? (I have reverted back to windows 8 from 10)

Also I think the partition of my drives might be a problem. Acer by default has produced 5 different partitions. Can that affect it?

Also I think the partition of my drives might be a problem. Acer by default has produced 5 different partitions. Can that affect it?

Are you certain you're seeing the Clover bootloader?

hi! I booted into the installation screen and and i'm having trouble with allocating the partitions. my HDD already have an windows installed and I created a particular partition for the installation of mac os. But I don't know how to convert this partition into mac os extended journaled unless for the entire disk(but it would eliminate my windows and other recovery partitions. please help

hi! I booted into the installation screen and and i'm having trouble with allocating the partitions. my HDD already have an windows installed and I created a particular partition for the installation of mac os. But I don't know how to convert this partition into mac os extended journaled unless for the entire disk(but it would eliminate my windows and other recovery partitions. please help

OS X is not well behaved with disks partitioned by other than OS X Disk Utility, but there are things you can check/do.

See this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/133940-mavericks-windows-8-same-drive-without-erasing.html

Hello all, I'm new to the all of this and don't want to mess up my USB install. I don't have access to a 64 bit Mac and need to use the basebinaries clone method to create the installer partition. I see all the terminal commands but not sure how to point them to my USB. Any help would be appreciated. Tried a search but didn't find anyone as new as I.

Hello all, I'm new to the all of this and don't want to mess up my USB install. I don't have access to a 64 bit Mac and need to use the basebinaries clone method to create the installer partition. I see all the terminal commands but not sure how to point them to my USB. Any help would be appreciated. Tried a search but didn't find anyone as new as I.

Where did you download OS X from?

Back