Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

[GUIDE] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover UEFI

What I see in the Partition tab of Disk Utility is: Name: CLOVER_EFI, Format: MS_DOS (FAT), Size: 200 MB and second Partition: Name: install-osx, Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled), Size: 7.58 GB

I copied the code in guide into terminal and installation was successful. Though it is not working!

This time I am trying to install Yosemite with Clover and formatted the USB drive with MBR partition. I followed all installation guide, however when I reboot my computer it seems that USB is not bootable. I tried with Unibeast, USB is bootable but clover option is not available!
Any idea why this happen?

Are you sure your laptop BIOS has UEFI boot capability?

That sounds an excellent question! I am sure how to find that! Can you help me please?

That sounds an excellent question! I am sure how to find that! Can you help me please?

If you don't have an option for Legacy vs. UEFI boot in BIOS, then you don't have UEFI capability.

UEFI is a given on new computers that come with Windows 8.1. For the most part, this means current Haswell/8-series laptops.

It is also commonly available on Ivy/7-series laptops.

But it becomes a little more rare on Sandy/6-series laptops...

I definitely confirm that this machine does not have UEFI, because I checked the setupact.txt file in windows and under "Callback_BootEnvironmentDetect: Detected boot environment" it says "BIOS." Therefore, I may not be able to install Yosemite with clover. Correct?

I definitely confirm that this machine does not have UEFI, because I checked the setupact.txt file in windows and under "Callback_BootEnvironmentDetect: Detected boot environment" it says "BIOS." Therefore, I may not be able to install Yosemite with clover. Correct?

Machines that can boot UEFI can also boot legacy, so no... your data doesn't say anything about the capabilities of BIOS... it just confirms the mode that Windows is booting in.

You need to look at your BIOS options.

But now my EFI partition is empty. Your clover was installed on my MacOs partition(disk1, not disk0-EFI). Should i copy all the CloverGrowedPro to my EFI partition? Sorry, i really don´t know what i am doing here... Tis

But now my EFI partition is empty. Your clover was installed on my MacOs partition(disk1, not disk0-EFI). Should i copy all the CloverGrowedPro to my EFI partition? Sorry, i really don´t know what i am doing here... Tis

Installing Clover to your HDD is covered in post #1 and #2.

Back