Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Too be honnest, this feels not right. First you guys point out that my profile is not complete. -> I did. But then you point me to another tutorial. (opencore) but still I have no information whether my system is compatible and what the fault is in the image that i've posted.
So i'm being slammed from wall to wall, without real problem solving. :(

Too be honnest, this feels not right. First you guys point out that my profile is not complete. -> I did. But then you point me to another tutorial. (opencore) but still I have no information whether my system is compatible and what the fault is in the image that i've posted.
So i'm being slammed from wall to wall, without real problem solving. :(
you have a choice

use this clover guide that hasn't been updated for over a year and a half or try the opencore guide that was updated a few weeks ago....

you have a choice

use this clover guide that hasn't been updated for over a year and a half or try the opencore guide that was updated a few weeks ago....
So "my way" or the highway principle without real education. Thanks for that :( :confused:

So "my way" or the highway principle without real education. Thanks for that :( :confused:
the choice is yours, there is no "my way". You are asking for help and i am trying to help you by giving you options

Followed this guide (i.e. primarily posts 1 & 2) and gotten myself a 3/4 working Lenovo Z500 Touch, running High Sierra

The longer term plan is to upgrade to Mojave - possibly Catalina - but still have a few tweaks too sort out. Success thread is here:

Thanks as always to the clever folks that do the real work, so clumsy amateurs like me can enjoy MacOS :)

hi I am having trouble loading to clover I am stock on boot with _ on the upper left corner of my laptop

my laptop is:
acer v3 471G
Intel Core i5-3210m
Intel HD Graphics 4000
8 GB Ram
Nvidia GeForce 630m

I have tried to format the usb and do it again but still the same have done it a couple of times now I am using UEFI boot

as I am a beginner I also tried legacy which didn't work so I know that I should use UEFI

Hi rehab please help me with the graphics issue, my display is on 4mb and i have tried everything i could

Hi rehab please help me with the graphics issue, my display is on 4mb and i have tried everything i could

Hi there.

Please complete your hardware Profile as has been indicated. It helps others to help you and is a part of the Site Rules. Thank you.

Please note - @RehabMan is no longer active on the site, and hasn't been for two-years now.

Regarding your problem -

1) Please explain which version of macOS you are trying to install.

2) Please explain what you have done.

3) 4MB VRAM indicates the iGPU is not accelerated so check the BIOS for DVMY - the amount of system memory allocated. It needs to be at least 65MB.

:)

Hey Guyzz

I'm a Beginner in the world of Hackintosh, I've a HP Notebook {HP 15 da0327TU} with i3-7100U Kaby Lake with @2.4gHz processor ,integrated HD620 Graphics, 4GB RAM, Synaptics Touchpad, Realtek HD Audio, RTL8723DE WiFi + BT 4.0. Almost Done but, can't prepare EFI folder to boot into the Installer (Catalina Installer 10.15.3) using Windows and getting so much errors like Panic, Attempting System Restart, MACH Reboot, etc bla bla.........:mad:

Can you guys help me out ??????

Hey Guyzz

I'm a Beginner in the world of Hackintosh, I've a HP Notebook {HP 15 da0327TU} with i3-7100U Kaby Lake with @2.4gHz processor ,integrated HD620 Graphics, 4GB RAM, Synaptics Touchpad, Realtek HD Audio, RTL8723DE WiFi + BT 4.0. Almost Done but, can't prepare EFI folder to boot into the Installer (Catalina Installer 10.15.3) using Windows and getting so much errors like Panic, Attempting System Restart, MACH Reboot, etc bla bla.........:mad:

Can you guys help me out ??????
did you follow this guide?

Back