Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Rehabman doesn't do video guides

also not been seen here since April 2019
if only someone could help me install kext and do he acpi patching on a video or in a more friendly language i can understand

if only someone could help me install kext and do he acpi patching on a video or in a more friendly language i can understand
thanks to sink for this guide .I successfully installed high Sierra but but my USB ports don't work.how can I fix them?

thanks to sink for this guide .I successfully installed high Sierra but but my USB ports don't work.how can I fix them?
Rehabman made this guide...

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

usb setup guide:

Man oh man.
first let me give you compliments on pulling the effort to make such a tutorial
But.....
This tutorial is way to complicated and written by someone how knows what he is doing. But not TO SOMEONE who is new to Clover!

I'm working +20years in ICT so i'm not a complete novice. I lost you completely in this part

"
For Clover UEFI, run the Clover Installer package:
- if using MBR, select the target of the install to "CLOVER EFI" using "Change Install Location"
- if using GPT, select the target of the install to "install_osx" using "Change Install Location"
- select "Customize" (the default is a legacy install -- we need to change it)
- check "Install for UEFI booting only", "Install Clover in the ESP" will automatically select
- check "BGM" from Themes (the config.plist files I provide use this theme)
- the defaults for Drivers64UEFI are recommended
- most systems will work without DataHubDxe-64.efi, but some may require it"

Your Clover Master is full of files, and not specific for this tutorial. So probably there is 95% not needed and people like me are getting lost in your directory structure.

I am at the part that i formated the second partion as FAT32
So now I need to know what files I need to copy from your directory to that partition without all the hassle?
Also what config.plist file to use?

From where the kexts start there is clear again.

On 1st partition I have "Install macOS Catalina.app" According to other tutorials that should be correct.
Hope you can rewrite or explain the FAT32 partition files again. (Not the how-to-format)

Really hoping I can learn how to install this so I can have it also on my primary laptop (first learning on older HP probook 450 G1)

Thanks

I'm working +20years in ICT so i'm not a complete novice. I lost you completely in this part
You missed the most important part about filling out your hardware profile first.
First requirement is to be able to follow directions and implement them. If you
can't do that, this is probably not going to work.

Profiles​

• Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you. They are only for listing components and details of your primary system you are seeking assistance for or your latest system. Since they are viewable under your avatar they need to kept as small as possible and limited to one system only.

Last edited:
Hi I have updated my profile and hope it helps you. But I thought the picture was enough :)
Sorry for that. Hope you can give some assistence :)

Hi I have updated my profile and hope it helps you. But I thought the picture was enough :)
Sorry for that. Hope you can give some assistence :)
try the opencore guide in my signature

try the opencore guide in my signature
Is that easier or newer? What is the difference from Clover? And don't you have Mac based USB creation tutorial without the "python" part?

I've read everywere that opencore could be the next big thing, but that it's still too basic and too "beta"

Is that easier or newer? What is the difference from Clover? And don't you have Mac based USB creation tutorial without the "python" part?
it is newer, easier or harder, not sure, that is for the user to determine :)

there is a link in there for a video tutorial if you are using a mac to create the full installer on a usb stick

don't you have Mac based USB creation tutorial without the "python" part?
Python comes pre-installed with macOS. It's mandatory for the gibMacOS scripts to run so you can download the full installer.

Back