Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Hi there, thanks for your guide.

Can I copy the img file to USB partition (and not the whole drive) using dd comand?

Thanks.
the image file?

the image file?
Yep. I see that my PC don't recognize the IMG copied with Carbon and I think that could be better if I clone it using dd but I can't select the partition from this program (or don't know how to do it).

Thanks for your reply.

Yep. I see that my PC don't recognize the IMG copied with Carbon and I think that could be better if I clone it using dd but I can't select the partition from this program (or don't know how to do it).

Thanks for your reply.
off topic here, this thread is for creating your usb installer using clover, nothing to with carbon and whatever dd is...

please may anyone help me improving my hackintosh(Catalina) efficiency cause it's kinda slow on boot.
I attached my efi folder so anyone can help me add or remove unnecessary files and thanks in advance

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    19.4 MB · Views: 71
please may anyone help me improving my hackintosh(Catalina) efficiency cause it's kinda slow on boot.
I attached my efi folder so anyone can help me add or remove unnecessary files and thanks in advance
remove:
-lilubetaall debug=0x100

from boot arguments

also you don't need a SortedOrder with hotpatch files

i have already installed with usb media and how to set some setting post installation in mac
i have asus x540lj broadwell
intel hd 5500 graphic

which bootargument add and remove from rehabman os x config laptop
asus
x540lj
intel i3 5th gen
intel hd 5500
with nvidia graphic

Hey so somehow i got the installer running, but it usually loops (See attached image). ill copy both the config.plist i used (Rehab man hd630 and one i made with https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/ - yes i know its an opencore guide and not clover as this one).

Any advice?

Attachments

• configOC.plist
    18.1 KB · Views: 78
  • config-rehab.plist
    14 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0195.JPEG
    IMG_0195.JPEG
    1.5 MB · Views: 92
  • EFI.zip
    12 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Hello
i can boot on mojave 10.14.6 but when i want to boot in catalina 10.15.6 in verbose log it stops as showing below.
i used intel UHD 630 config.plist there is a line saying that this config is for mojave how can i change it to compatible with catalina 10.15.6.
any help is appreciated

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 85
  • photo_2020-09-14_02-52-35.jpg
    photo_2020-09-14_02-52-35.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 83
Back