Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Hi guys
actually i'm trying to update my lenovo U430p laptop to mojave (& eventually to catalina)
attached the clover from the USB, installed in GUI with EFI clover version Clover_v2.4k_r4701.RM-4963 from RehabMan.
I can reach the installation of mojave but after the reboot i cannot reach the loading of mojave. its stuck at the apple loading maybe at 95%.

I tryed to carbon copy my el capitan install on another disk and make a direct update to mojave, but same there.

making the usb install for catalina, never let me to reach the installer.

have not more ideas for now...anyone could give me some knowledge about my mistakes .
would be gratefull ;) thanks

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 46
Hi guys
actually i'm trying to update my lenovo U430p laptop to mojave (& eventually to catalina)
attached the clover from the USB, installed in GUI with EFI clover version Clover_v2.4k_r4701.RM-4963 from RehabMan.
I can reach the installation of mojave but after the reboot i cannot reach the loading of mojave. its stuck at the apple loading maybe at 95%.

I tryed to carbon copy my el capitan install on another disk and make a direct update to mojave, but same there.

making the usb install for catalina, never let me to reach the installer.

have not more ideas for now...anyone could give me some knowledge about my mistakes .
would be gratefull ;) thanks
use a later version of clover

ok I've used the v2.5k r5102 (12d559ae)
I still can boot from the USB, I can reach installation to install Mojave,
but i cannot reach the end of the reboot to end the installation of Mojave.

i put a screen grab of the verbiose mode, where it stuck after reboot.
copy of clover zip.

any idea?

Attachments

• 23007.jpg
    23007.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 84
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 53
ok I've used the v2.5k r5102 (12d559ae)
I still can boot from the USB, I can reach installation to install Mojave,
but i cannot reach the end of the reboot to end the installation of Mojave.

i put a screen grab of the verbiose mode, where it stuck after reboot.
copy of clover zip.

any idea?
update your
FakeSMC.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext

remove:
FakePCIID.kext
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext

use a config.plist from post 1

Hi everyone again

> What is next step after Patching kernel for injected kexts... Pausing 5 sec...
Installation stuck at this point. Tried few clover versions, Mohave, Catalina, different drivers and kexts. There is no answer for that in whole internet. Still the same. Trying figure out in which moment it happens.
> Could it be connected with I5-10210 processor?

Hi everyone again

> What is next step after Patching kernel for injected kexts... Pausing 5 sec...
Installation stuck at this point. Tried few clover versions, Mohave, Catalina, different drivers and kexts. There is no answer for that in whole internet. Still the same. Trying figure out in which moment it happens.
> Could it be connected with I5-10210 processor?
your processor is probably not supported yet

what is the best practice to dual boot macOS catalina on separate drives with Win 10 already installed ???

what is the best practice to dual boot macOS catalina on separate drives with Win 10 already installed ???

I got it working - thanks to all who helped. Just have to get Bluetooth working ( it says it is but it isn't..) and wifi if possible - otherwise find a usb dongle that works..

Any advice on installing clover to the HDD? I've followed the guide but it's either not installing properly or I'm doing something wrong here. Clover should be installed to the same disk that I've installed OSX to yes?

Back