Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

I had to use SATA-unsupported.kext while installing to see my drives.Now that macOS is installed if I remove the kext all my drives show up. I'm injecting the kext so I don't think it has something to do with kernel cache. Anyone knows why?

@RehabMan, I noticed your instructions recommend we use your current build of clover, but it seems out of date relative to the official build. Your instructions match your build but not the official build,which I think is this...

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases/tag/5103. (Is Clover_v2.5k_r5103 the official build?)

What's the currently recommended version and what are the current clover instructions for setup and driver selection? The official does not have the drivers64UEFI folder or drivers. Drivers like AppleImageLoader are not there, but AppleImageCodec are. Would like details to know what to select.

Last edited:
@RehabMan, I noticed your instructions recommend we use your current build of clover, but it seems out of date relative to the official build. Your instructions match your build but not the official build,which I think is this...

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases/tag/5103. (Is Clover_v2.5k_r5103 the official build?)

What's the currently recommended version and what are the current clover instructions for setup and driver selection? The official does not have the drivers64UEFI folder or drivers. Drivers like AppleImageLoader are not there, but AppleImageCodec are. Would like details to know what to select.
use later version as Rehabman's don't work on later Mojave or Catalina

use later version as Rehabman's don't work on later Mojave or Catalina

What driver setup/custome settings should I use to install the latest build? Is the build I posted the newest?

Finally, we need one EFI driver not included in the Clover installer, HFSPlus.efi:
- it can be downloaded from here: https://github.com/JrCs/CloverGrowerPro/raw/master/Files/HFSPlus/X64/HFSPlus.efi.
- copy it to /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI

Note: Please, DO NOT forget HFSPlus.efi. Without it, you won't see any HFS+ partitions, including the HFS+ partition that the OS X installer is on.

Is this true with the current version of clover Release v2.5k-5103?

Hello - sorry I'm probably posting this on the wrong place but it says I can't start a topic until I have 75 posts? Anyhoo - I have followed the guide, downloaded rehabmans clover fork - but how do I install it? I can't see an installer file?

Hello - sorry I'm probably posting this on the wrong place but it says I can't start a topic until I have 75 posts? Anyhoo - I have followed the guide, downloaded rehabmans clover fork - but how do I install it? I can't see an installer file?
you are better off using a later version of clover as Rehabman's doesn't work on Mojave or Catalina

you are better off using a later version of clover as Rehabman's doesn't work on Mojave or Catalina
Thanks - but as my laptop has an Nvidia RTX2070 I thought there were no drivers after High Sierra?

Thanks - but as my laptop has an Nvidia RTX2070 I thought there were no drivers after High Sierra?
there are no drivers at all for RTX2070 for any version of macOS

best you check in windows device manager and see if you have intel graphics as well

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Back