Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Does anybody know if it's possible to get wireless internet access once directly from the usb installation ? I don't see the WiFi sign on corner where it usually is to connect ...

Does anybody know if it's possible to get wireless internet access once directly from the usb installation ? I don't see the WiFi sign on corner where it usually is to connect ...
yes, if you have supported hardware and necessary kexts in clover/kexts/other

The 4530s is a well tested computer. Is there anywhere I can find all kexts in one place to dump them into the OTHER folder ?

The 4530s is a well tested computer. Is there anywhere I can find all kexts in one place to dump them into the OTHER folder ?

Ok guys almost there. Tell me if I have done something wrong. I have got to the stage where I have partitioned my Disk (1 partition) , I installed the operating system , and am now at the desk top.

Now I can't find any clear instructions about how to install Clover over my operating system. The instructions say it's the same method as installing to usb , but that method involved making two partitions and If i do that I will delete my installed operating system. Can someone point me in the right direction, i'm sure it's something simple I'm missing.

Ok guys almost there. Tell me if I have done something wrong. I have got to the stage where I have partitioned my Disk (1 partition) , I installed the operating system , and am now at the desk top.

Now I can't find any clear instructions about how to install Clover over my operating system. The instructions say it's the same method as installing to usb , but that method involved making two partitions and If i do that I will delete my installed operating system. Can someone point me in the right direction, i'm sure it's something simple I'm missing.
install clover but this time choose your hard drive and not the usb installer

then copy the efi form your usb to your hard drive

OK installed clover, where is the EFI located on the HDD, it's not popping up anywhere?

Found out how to access my EFI drive. Now do I just replace the whole EFI folder with the one from my usb ?

Got the error below while installing kexts and tools. Will this be a problem for me? Will I need to get this from someplace else?

downloading RehabMan-Atheros:

################################################## 69.5%

curl: (56) SSLRead() return error -9806

It downloaded for me no problem.
Do you mean you had error during installing the kexts? In Catalina you may need to use Hackintool "tool" option the third icon on the right bottom "disable gatekeeper". For other software versions you need to install the kexts using KextBeast or other Kextutility so you don't get errors, or run terminal commands to repair permissions and rebuild caches.

Back