Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

boot verbose and then take a pic

make sure to use a USB2.0 stick and try each port on your laptop

So that's the thing, when I boot verbose the text scrolls by and then after seeing the unsupported CPU and unsupported PCH lines, it will go into a grey screen with a mouse cursor and then immediately switches to the Apple logo with a non-moving progress bar. Hence, I don't know what to screenshot here as it isn't getting stuck during verbose boot.

And yes, I am using a USB2.0 stick and tried all 3 ports on my laptop with the same result

Here is a video of the whole verbose boot process in case that helps: https://streamable.com/wbxwy

Or if you'd like to download it and watch it slower: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1o6qBin6ckVF_U8cUgQ21lyGYKTqHFuqE

Have you tried to update your kexts? Using the same kexts when updating clover isn't a good opinion, and can cause some issues.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I am using the latest (as of today) kexts for everything in my Clover folder. Acquired them from their respective GitHub repos. Still no go :(

# repartition /dev/disk1 MBR, two partitions # first partition, "CLOVER EFI" FAT32, 200MiB # second partition, "install_osx", HFS+J, remainder diskutil partitionDisk /dev/disk1 2 MBR FAT32 "CLOVER EFI" 200Mi HFS+J "install_osx" R
I cant seem to actually be able to repartition the disk. I dont know if its the terminal shell im using but the current one is zsh. Every prompt i get is # not found

I cant seem to actually be able to repartition the disk. I dont know if its the terminal shell im using but the current one is zsh. Every prompt i get is # not found
ah nevermind

Hi, I have created USB usb installer as directed above El Capitan. I am using USB 2 and I am booting and I created clover via legacy mode.

I am not seeing the 'Install OSX' partition is nowhere to be found. Anybody else experience this or have a solution? I am on probook 4530s

Ok , I have tried both Legacy and normal Clover installs. On normal Clover can see the 'Install ' partition but get stuck on this screen. Can anybody help here with this issue ?

Attachments

• IMG_20200120_141035.jpg
    IMG_20200120_141035.jpg
    857.5 KB · Views: 31
Ok , I have tried both Legacy and normal Clover installs. On normal Clover can see the 'Install ' partition but get stuck on this screen. Can anybody help here with this issue ?
boot verbose and then take a pic to upload

Back