Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Latest Mojave Install_osx doesn't wanna continue to load installer. installer get stuck and reboot within 5 seconds.
Screenshot 2019-10-29 at 18.38.06.pngScreenshot 2019-10-29 at 18.38.58.pngScreenshot 2019-10-29 at 18.42.53.png

Last edited:
I created the installer and it stopped here
Help me?

74580682_2255722951206361_7492919753267216384_n.jpg

Hi, could anyone help, I follow this guide and made my way to booting after 2 nights doing CLOVER workaround. But my keyboard & ELAN touchpad doesn't work during Os Install, USB mouse is working. What do I need to add in CLOVER?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 100
Hey thanks for the reply i’ll try this too and maybe someone else could help.
Okay so i solved the problem, previously i was using mac OS mojave 10.14.6 and then i switched over to version 10.14.3 and it worked i really have no idea why the other version didn’t work.

Okay so i solved the problem, previously i was using mac OS mojave 10.14.6 and then i switched over to version 10.14.3 and it worked i really have no idea why the other version didn’t work.

same issue. is it using old clover version?

Hey guys, I seem to be having an issue booting into the Mac OS installer for High Sierra (10.13.6) on my Asus UX305FA (Core M-5Y71, HD5300, 1920x1080). I am following this guide to the letter but here is the problem I am having:

When booting from the latest Rehabman clover fork (4701) and selecting verbose boot, everything seems to go smoothly and I get to a grey screen with a mouse cursor but immediately that screen is replaced with an Apple Logo and a progress bar that hasn't moved in the past 24 hours.

I am using the template config.plist file from Rehabman for HD5300 series GPUs and have changed my ProductName in the config.plist file to MacBook8,1 as it is the closest to the CPU I have.

I have tried countless different things in the config.plist file such as injecting a fake ig-platform-id, launching without CSM enabled, launching in single user mode, launching in safe mode (this one causes my laptop to just reboot after a few verbose boot messages) but nothing changes. I have been trying to follow another guide for my laptop for installing High Sierra (linked here) as well with regards to BIOS settings but since it is a bit outdated, I don't know how reliable it is. I don't know what could be causing the issue but I suspect maybe it is either USB or iGPU related.

There is no issue with verbose boot as it passes by so I can't attach a screenshot of it but I am attaching my Clover folder in case there is something wrong there that I am doing. Hopefully someone can help.

JUST A NOTE THAT I HAVE TRIED MOJAVE AS WELL AND SAME RESULT

Thanks

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 103
Hey guys, I seem to be having an issue booting into the Mac OS installer for High Sierra (10.13.6) on my Asus UX305FA (Core M-5Y71, HD5300, 1920x1080). I am following this guide to the letter but here is the problem I am having:

When booting from the latest Rehabman clover fork (4701) and selecting verbose boot, everything seems to go smoothly and I get to a grey screen with a mouse cursor but immediately that screen is replaced with an Apple Logo and a progress bar that hasn't moved in the past 24 hours.

I am using the template config.plist file from Rehabman for HD5300 series GPUs and have changed my ProductName in the config.plist file to MacBook8,1 as it is the closest to the CPU I have.

I have tried countless different things in the config.plist file such as injecting a fake ig-platform-id, launching without CSM enabled, launching in single user mode, launching in safe mode (this one causes my laptop to just reboot after a few verbose boot messages) but nothing changes. I have been trying to follow another guide for my laptop for installing High Sierra (linked here) as well with regards to BIOS settings but since it is a bit outdated, I don't know how reliable it is. I don't know what could be causing the issue but I suspect maybe it is either USB or iGPU related.

There is no issue with verbose boot as it passes by so I can't attach a screenshot of it but I am attaching my Clover folder in case there is something wrong there that I am doing. Hopefully someone can help.

JUST A NOTE THAT I HAVE TRIED MOJAVE AS WELL AND SAME RESULT

Thanks
use a later version of clover:

use a later version of clover:

Thanks for the reply. However, it didn't solve the problem. Using the same Kexts from the my linked Clover zip file and using the same config.plist file, using the linked Clover installer still causes the same issue.

Anything else I could check or try?

Thanks for the reply. However, it didn't solve the problem. Using the same Kexts from the my linked Clover zip file and using the same config.plist file, using the linked Clover installer still causes the same issue.

Anything else I could check or try?
boot verbose and then take a pic

make sure to use a USB2.0 stick and try each port on your laptop

boot verbose and then take a pic

make sure to use a USB2.0 stick and try each port on your laptop

So that's the thing, when I boot verbose the text scrolls by and then after seeing the unsupported CPU and unsupported PCH lines, it will go into a grey screen with a mouse cursor and then immediately switches to the Apple logo with a non-moving progress bar. Hence, I don't know what to screenshot here as it isn't getting stuck during verbose boot.

And yes, I am using a USB2.0 stick and tried all 3 ports on my laptop with the same result

Back