Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Hey guys, trying to install Mojave on my Surface Laptop 2 following the guide, got kernel panic, I believe something with only single ram bank. Can someone take a look at my files and tell me if i did something wrong? Many thanks!
missing one of these:
OsxAptioFixDrv, OsxAptioFix2Drv, OsxAptioFix3Drv or AptioMemoryFix.efi
in drivers/UEFI

missing one of these:
OsxAptioFixDrv, OsxAptioFix2Drv, OsxAptioFix3Drv or AptioMemoryFix.efi
in drivers/UEFI

Hi, I tried using all of those u mentioned (not all of them at once) but I got stuck on End RandomSeed with all of them.

EDIT: Problem solved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Help needed

Please check this thread for all the information about the issue and clover files:

Thanks.

Hi. My case is installing 10.13 and dual boot windows 7 on a single drive where windows (uefi) was there before macos was installed. I am now at the point where I'm installing clover locally to throw out USB stick.

So now my drive has 4 parts
  • Windows EFI
  • Windows reserved partition
  • NTFS with Windows
  • APFS with MacOS

If I understand correctly APFS is a container that holds both the MacOS EFI volume and "system" volume.
When I run clover from USB stick, I correctly see 2 boot options
  • macos installer (from the very same usb stick)
  • macOS system (from the APFS volume)
but I'm puzzled about why there are 2 windows entries, where one is just Windows and other one Microsoft EFI. If I try to boot just Windows, it'll not boot (there'll be black screen with cursor caret blinking) but if I select Microsoft EFI, the windows is going to boot properly.

Now to the merit.
This seems important to me because when I installed clover on APFS parition, the BIOS doesn't recognize it as bootable volume. Is it even possible that BIOS "unpacks" APFS to even see the EFI volume?
Another question is, if I'd make 5th partition on the drive, an EFI parition, and install clover there, could I eventually replace Windows EFI parition and boot both MacOS and Windows from this new EFI parition with clover? Is it supported? What would then happen to EFI volume in APFS?
I'm happy to read more on this topic if you could please link to an article.

Thank you

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
after too many days I'm able to boot my mackintosh.

Wifi ok, Ethernet ok, Audio Ok... only the graphic card I'm not able to unlock.

Someone have any idea about the issue? OS X uses always standard drive, despite Nvidia Web Driver.

Hi,

I am having some issues booting to the installer and I have attached some images regarding the same plus I have attached my efi folder too could someone please look into it thanks in advance.

Machine: HP 348 G3
CPU: Core i5-6200u
Gpu: Intel HD 520
Motherboard Model: 8193

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0720.JPG
    IMG_0720.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0721.JPG
    IMG_0721.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 106
If you use the bootflag "cpus=1", are you able to reach the installer?
The problem I think could be on Kernel Lapic patch, even if you've enabled it

Hey thanks for the reply it helped a bit i guess since the installer moved forward but it crashed again and restarted every time. I have attached the images below although i guess that i missed the error point so i have also linked a video file too.

Here is the video link

Attachments

• IMG_0735.jpg
    IMG_0735.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0736.jpg
    IMG_0736.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Have you tried disabling all video injects? Your kernel panic shows on Intel video driver, on Framebuffer. It's not visible in your screenshot but it's in your video.
I hope someone could give you a technical feedback, but in my experience, I'm not sure :)

Have you tried disabling all video injects? Your kernel panic shows on Intel video driver, on Framebuffer. It's not visible in your screenshot but it's in your video.
I hope someone could give you a technical feedback, but in my experience, I'm not sure :)
Hey thanks for the reply i’ll try this too and maybe someone else could help.

Back