Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

So I'm taking an iOS development class this semester so I figured I'd try and install macOS on my laptop. Followed this guide and everything works in the installation side until I'm at the macOS utilities page. I click on "Install macOS" and then click continue, then the installation hangs. Nothing happens. I tried this with Mojave and also with High Sierra and both get stuck in the same place.

I use RehabMan's config.plist and all the suggested kexts and drivers in the OP.

Could it be that HD 640's config.plist doesn't work with Iris Plus 640?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 134
Last edited:
So I'm taking an iOS development class this semester so I figured I'd try and install macOS on my laptop. Followed this guide and everything works in the installation side until I'm at the macOS utilities page. I click on "Install macOS" and then click continue, then the installation hangs. Nothing happens. I tried this with Mojave and also with High Sierra and both get stuck in the same place.

I use RehabMan's config.plist and all the suggested kexts and drivers in the OP.

Could it be that HD 640's config.plist doesn't work with Iris Plus 640?
use a later version of clover via the downloads section

use a later version of clover via the downloads section

Do you mean older version or a newer one? I first understood your post as a newer one so I grabbed the newest available on here and still got stuck at the same place. I'll try an older version of Clover now and will report back.

Do you mean older version or a newer one? I first understood your post as a newer one so I grabbed the newest available on here and still got stuck at the same place. I'll try an older version of Clover now and will report back.
a later one means a newer one.

a later one means a newer one.

Sorry, English isn't my first language. Anyway, even with the newest build available on here it got stuck at macOS utilities. I've tried installing macOS with Mojave and High Sierra and built a USB installer multiple times.

Could it be a kext/driver problem? Or is my laptop just impossible to get macOS on?

Sorry, English isn't my first language. Anyway, even with the newest build available on here it got stuck at macOS utilities. I've tried installing macOS with Mojave and High Sierra and built a USB installer multiple times.

Could it be a kext/driver problem? Or is my laptop just impossible to get macOS on?
you have OsxAptioFixDrv-64 and AptioMemoryFix you only need one of those

try 1 at a time

you have OsxAptioFixDrv-64 and AptioMemoryFix you only need one of those

try 1 at a time

OsxAptioFixDrv alone: same problem being stuck at macOS utilities.

AptioMemoryFix alone: Prohibited/stop sign (Error allocating 0x1176e pages at 0x00000000237cd000 alloc type 2
Couldn’t allocate runtime area)

OsxAptioFixDrv alone: same problem being stuck at macOS utilities.

AptioMemoryFix alone: Prohibited/stop sign (Error allocating 0x1176e pages at 0x00000000237cd000 alloc type 2
Couldn’t allocate runtime area)
try:
OsxAptioFix2Drv or OsxAptioFix3Drv

try:
OsxAptioFix2Drv or OsxAptioFix3Drv

OsxAptioFix2Drv and OsxAptioFix3Drv reached till the "macOS utilities" stage and then the installation hanged once I clicked continue.

Hey guys, trying to install Mojave on my Surface Laptop 2 following the guide, got kernel panic, I believe something with only single ram bank. Can someone take a look at my files and tell me if i did something wrong? Many thanks!

Attachments

• Kernel panic.JPG
    Kernel panic.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 230
  • EFI.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 223
Back