Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Hi,

I'm trying to install Sierra on my HP pavillion g6 1240sa. I've successfully created an installation usb using this guide, and booted it into clover (legacy boot)

Using the boot args -v - s -x

I get the the following kernel panic
IMG_20190524_121701.jpg

If anyone has any pointers I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm trying to install Sierra on my HP pavillion g6 1240sa. I've successfully created an installation usb using this guide, and booted it into clover (legacy boot)

Using the boot args -v - s -x

I get the the following kernel panicView attachment 408108

If anyone has any pointers I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks.

Here's my EFI folder:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 145
Is there any fix for headphone jack not working on Mojave(10.14.5)? The speakers work fine, the line-in works fine but not the headphone(it's a combo jack).

Thanks

When i try to run /dev/disk1 MBR, two partitions i get the error : Permission denied

im on an admin account and have checked the permissions, they say Admin in first column and staff in second, any clue as what to do ?

edit [FIXED]

Last edited:
Can anyone point me to a guide where I can prepare my USB installation drive on Windows with Clover EFI partition. RehabMan?
Thanks

Can anyone point me to a guide where I can prepare my USB installation drive on Windows with Clover EFI partition. RehabMan?
Thanks
no, you need a mac or a working hack to create the installer

If your laptop has DVMT-prealloc set as required (64MB or 128MB), you should disable or remove the 32MB patch. You will find such patches in config.plist/Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0).

I have to say, this one last point was driving me nuts for the last 2 days.
I could install without issue, but after reboot I could only boot to safe mode `-x`. Anything else would see the attached screen shot.

Followed numerous guides all telling me pretty much the same thing, but the above was the icing on the cake.
If anyone is ever stuck. Check this option in the bios.

Attachments

• foo.png
    foo.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 190
Back