Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

As per FAQ, you should be using the three profile fields: Motherboard/CPU/Graphics only. Not build signatures.
Please try to read carefully.
Thank you, can you help me now please? :)

Thank you, can you help me now please? :)

Your profile still lacks important details (screen resolution is missing).
Please fix as per FAQ.
Please read carefully.

Please update your prebuilt clover version i couldn't built myself

Your profile still lacks important details (screen resolution is missing).
Please fix as per FAQ.
Please read carefully.
Fixed, i'm apologise

Thanks.
Desktop questions are off-topic in the laptop forum.
It's not desktop it is All in One, display connected LVDS, all components like laptops.
Did you make me wait a week to say this? It's not nice of you

Hi RehabMan, as the guide states you indirectly recommend HFS+ as you say to format system partition when booted to usb installer to Mac OS Exteded (Journaled), so I wanted to know why is that your recommendation? I have read that boot time on APFS is kinda slow and I am feeling it but not sure if I should reinstall. Check my clover boot.log and tell why you go for one over the other because I'm looking to improving my like 1.5-2 mins boot time.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi RehabMan, as the guide states you indirectly recommend HFS+ as you say to format system partition when booted to usb installer to Mac OS Exteded (Journaled), so I wanted to know why is that your recommendation? I have read that boot time on APFS is kinda slow and I am feeling it but not sure if I should reinstall. Check my clover boot.log and tell why you go for one over the other because I'm looking to improving my like 1.5-2 mins boot time.
Thanks.

Nothing attached. And Off-topic anyway.

Back